M60A0 on Yuma Proving Ground
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M60A0 on Yuma Proving Ground Author: BB-61Location: Yuma, AZ PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:59 am
    ----
There is a M60A0 on display on the Kofa Firing Range side of YPG. I haven't seen any info on it so I stopped by it today on my way back from down range and got it's SN 2130. I couldn't find a RN as there was to much paint on the hull to see it.
It's on the corner of Pole Line Rd and the Combat Systems Firing Range Rd. It's also in pretty bad shape and in need of a painted job, all the hatches are open on it, even the escape hatch is on the ground.
Sorry no pictures as do not have a range photo pass to take pictures on the range.

I would also like to know if anyone is collecting info on abandoned AFV's used for targets, as we have a number of M103's and an M114 on the range I have seen and can get SN/RN off them if there is a need.

BB-61

#2: Re: M60A0 on Yuma Proving Ground Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:49 am
    ----
I'am very interested in hard targets! I personally collect only data of MBT wrecks and relics but I'am sure others will be interested in the other types.

Regards,
Lesley

#3: Re: M60A0 on Yuma Proving Ground Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:51 pm
    ----
BB-61, thanks for the info!

BTW, any idea what is going to happen to the FCS NLOS-C firing demonstrators/prototypes?

Neil

#4: Re: M60A0 on Yuma Proving Ground Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:24 pm
    ----
Is the M60 on a lot with a bunch of other vehicle? I think I remember this place. Seems there was some Russian equipment there too. Too bad they don't care for you to use a camera there.

#5: Re: M60A0 on Yuma Proving Ground Author: BB-61Location: Yuma, AZ PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:11 pm
    ----
Mark,

No it's not in with the Soviet vehicles in the targets compound. It is on display out on the range.

Neil,
No word on what's going to happen to the NLOS-C prototypes. They are in storage right now out by the gun positions.

BB-61

-> AFV News Discussion Board