You are going to love this!
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: You are going to love this! Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:12 am
    ----
I saw it yesterday for the very first time, and it's already among my all-time favourites Laughing

Massimo

#2: Re: You are going to love this! Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:26 am
    ----
Just how a tank is supposed to look!

Some sort of target tank?

#3: Re: You are going to love this! Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:04 pm
    ----
I have got to build a model of that and bring it to our annual contest. I bet the judges would have a fit when they see it!

#4: Re: You are going to love this! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:25 pm
    ----
Maximum depression could be better. Laughing

Remote driver trainer? I wonder about headlight and markers on a target* tank.

Odd antennae mount.

*Then again, it seems "ziel" means "goal" in German, so maybe target tank is likely. "Zielpanzer".

#5: Re: You are going to love this! Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:44 pm
    ----
All I know about it can be read here:

Massimo

#6: Re: You are going to love this! Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:59 pm
    ----
Nice, it is something similar to the RAM ETT we have at Amersfoort, The Netherlands

At first I thought the Swiss army had to little to do Mr. Green

For the non-german speaking readers, on the left of the picture:

History of the redrawn from actice service vehile
The Target tank 68, with the RN M+77'876, has been used from 1974 untill 2007 on the shooting range from Les Rochat as an moving target vehicle for the pratice shooting with the anti tank rocket "Dragon"
During the practice shooting the vehicle was driven by personel of the motor vehicle pool Grolley
During these exercises the vehicle drove 11.854km

On the right side
manufacturer:
K+W Thun, an total of 10 vehicle's build (with RN M+77'870 untill M+77'879) and from 1972-1974 all delivered
The target tank 68 is based on the chassis of the Pz 68 and has besides the dummy turret some additional armour and uses the roadwheels and track of the Pz 61

Usage:
Moving target vehicle for the anti tank rocket "Dragon" armed with praticehead "Gipskopf" (tranlated it would be something like plaster head)

Weight: 36 ton

Engine:
- main engine: MTU MB, etc
- additional engine: Mercedes Benz OM 636

Speed: on road: 55km/h - off-road: 30km/h

Fuel consumption: on road 200 l / 100km - off-road: 440 l / 100km

armament: none

Armour: max 80mm

Michel

#7: Re: You are going to love this! Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:02 pm
    ----
Massimo,

on which list will you put this vehicle?

On the surviving Pz 68 (chassis) or the surviving Pz 61 (tracks and roadwheels) Wink Laughing

Michel

#8: Re: You are going to love this! Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:10 pm
    ----
It's already in the Pz 68's PDF. It was pretty common to mix roadwheels. See for example the Pz 68 in Hatten:
the.shadock.free.fr/Ta...age25.html

Massimo

#9: It's not alone! Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:33 pm
    ----
There is another one in Burgdorf:

Massimo

#10: Re: You are going to love this! Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:34 pm
    ----
I am just back from Schaffausen, there is another one over there. And it's a runner too.
Six months ago I wasn't even aware of such vehicles's existance, and now I have seen three survivors out of the ten ever build. All three in running condition. Laughing

Massimo

#11: Re: You are going to love this! Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:28 am
    ----
- Tanklord
I have got to build a model of that and bring it to our annual contest. I bet the judges would have a fit when they see it!

Sounds like a plan! I better get cracking on one myself.

#12: Re: You are going to love this! Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:16 am
    ----
Does a 1/35 kit of the Pz 68 exists?

Massimo

#13: Re: You are going to love this! Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:33 am
    ----
There is another Zielpanzer 68 in Wildegg. That makes at least four survivors out of ten Smile

Massimo

#14: Re: You are going to love this! Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:39 pm
    ----
If there are so many survivors, does it mean that all the testing at the shooting range was an failure Confused

Or that all testing was succesfull Laughing

Michel Twisted Evil

#15: Re: You are going to love this! Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:56 pm
    ----
Most likely they run out of anti tank rockets Smile

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board