Looking for manual on Panzer III command tank
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Looking for manual on Panzer III command tank Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:03 pm
    ----
Hello.

I am looking for manual on Panzer III command tank.
It has name (translated to English)
"D652/22 PzKw III Ausf D1, E H Command Vehicle, SdKfz 141".

There was information that this manual is survived and can be found somewhere in USA.

Can anybody say, where this manual can be found?
Maybe, somebody has it and can make scan or copy for exchange?

Also I am looking for Pz.IV manuals that are listed in my signature :).

Thank you in advance.

#2: Re: Looking for manual on Panzer III command tank Author: BruceClark PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:09 pm
    ----
I'm sorry I can't help personally but best bet for surviving German records are in US National Archives and Records Administration or NARA. There is a complete copy of all German documents captured by US- including photos- that were returned to West Germany to create the Bundesarchiv.

Start searching at www.archives.gov/

Another resource is the US Army Heritage Centre which includes the records of the US Army War College at Carlisle. Check that out at
www.ahco.army.mil/site/index.jsp

Good luck!
Bruce

#3: Re: Looking for manual on Panzer III command tank Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:03 am
    ----
The second suggestion would be English language WWII operators instructions for captured equipment. I saw a set of booklets as a boy that were brown manilla coloured covers with black and red ink. The idea was these booklets taught Allied troops how to use German equipment if they should capture something. Weapons, radios, mortars and MAYBE tanks.

-> AFV News Discussion Board