Neil - Parkersburg, WV and Charleston, WV Tanks for register
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Neil - Parkersburg, WV and Charleston, WV Tanks for register Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:42 am
    ----
Neil,

We stopped by Parkersburg, WV and located the tank on display. It is listed in the register as an M47, but we found an M41.

I had called the VFW inquiring about AFV's in town and they sent me to the local Military Museum. I spoke with them and they directed us to Quincy Park where there was a tank on display.

The GPS coordinates(from my iPhone) are:

N 39° 16' 3" W 81° 33' 10.8"

VB

#2: Re: Neil - Parkersburg, WV and Charleston, WV Tanks for regi Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:45 am
    ----
Parkersburg, WV Part 2

The park is a beautiful location with a lovely view overlooking the town.

#3: Re: Neil - Parkersburg, WV and Charleston, WV Tanks for regi Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:48 am
    ----
I found a plate on the rear of the tank and looked on the tow lugs for serial numbers.

Attached are the best I could come up with.

Guys - where do I look for SN info on an M41?

#4: Re: Neil - Parkersburg, WV and Charleston, WV Tanks for regi Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:52 am
    ----
These shots are of the M7 displayed in Charleston, WV at the West Virginia National Guard HQ on Coonskin Dr.

#5: Re: Neil - Parkersburg, WV and Charleston, WV Tanks for regi Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:57 am
    ----
Lastly are photos of the M41 on display also at the West Virginia National Guard HQ - up the road a bit from the M7.

FYI - The WV Air NG unit further along the road has a nice P-51 displayed out front.

Cheers,
VB

#6: Re: Neil - Parkersburg, WV and Charleston, WV Tanks for regi Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:59 am
    ----
Batch 2 of WVNG M41.

#7: Re: Neil - Parkersburg, WV and Charleston, WV Tanks for register Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:13 pm
    ----
Thanks VB!

Appreciate the Charleston WV M41 particularly.

Maybe someone can decipher the Parkersburg M41 plate?

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board