JG300 is crying into it's Special reserve tonight
-> Officer's Club

#1: JG300 is crying into it's Special reserve tonight Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:06 am
    ----

Crying or Very sad

brand new full size replica D-9 with a big P&W, ground looped by owner in the Carolina's

#2: Re: JG300 is crying into it's Special reserve tonight Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:11 am
    ----
tsk tsk tsk

#3: Re: JG300 is crying into it's Special reserve tonight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:41 pm
    ----
The Carolina's? Hey Ascout... Wink

#4: Re: JG300 is crying into it's Special reserve tonight Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:42 pm
    ----
I bet we're not the only ones cryin'....

Is it known when and more precisely where this took place? (We have more than one "Carolina", y'all know....)

#5: Re: JG300 is crying into it's Special reserve tonight Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:15 pm
    ----
Don't know date but it just showed up in another forum

"Brand New full size FW-190 after it ground looped during high speed taxi tests.

The plane is based in Camden South Carolina. It is reported that the pilot pushed forward on the stick to raise the tail for a high speed taxi with the tail up. On the FW forward stick unlocks the TW, full back stick locks the TW. There was not enough rudder (airspeed) to handle the engine torque and the aircraft ground looped. "

When you go visit try to get more pictures

#6: Re: JG300 is crying into it's Special reserve tonight Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:44 pm
    ----
Sad to see that plane in that condition. Sad

I saw an FW-190 at Chino this weekend. I think it was a FlugWerk's version but I forgot to ask to confirm.
I was told it didn't fly due to engine cooling problems.

Wheels

#7: Re: JG300 is crying into it's Special reserve tonight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:33 pm
    ----
- wheelsup_cavu

I was told it didn't fly due to engine cooling problems.

Wheels

That sounds like Fled...(Snickering)...

Thanks for the heads up !!

#8: Re: JG300 is crying into it's Special reserve tonight Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:23 am
    ----
What a waste of a fine Aircraft Sad

and @ bushy:
Watch it sheep shagger Twisted Evil

#9: Re: JG300 is crying into it's Special reserve tonight Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:32 am
    ----
Ach scheißt

#10: Re: JG300 is crying into it's Special reserve tonight Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:54 am
    ----
this is getting to be a bad habit
From a French newspaper today...

The French naval authorities report:

"A Focke-Wulf 190, German fighter from the Second World War who was to participate tomorrow in the Centennial of Naval Aviation airshow in Hyères (Var), crashed at sea today, but the pilot was uninjured.

The accident, which we do not know the origin, occurred at about 2:50 p.m. in the Bay of Hyères, 150 meters from the beach. The pilot, a French 63 years old whose identity was not released, returned to shore on his own after having managed to get out of the cockpit.

Unhurt, he was nevertheless supported by rescuers of the Naval Air Palyvestre base and placed under observation at the military hospital."

The Flugwerk 190 that ditched, was F-AZZJ, the one that has been the star of many European airshows over the past year. A terribly sad event, though it was great to know just as the news came up, that the pilot, Marc "Leon" Mathis, was just fine.

Sad

#11: Re: JG300 is crying into it's Special reserve tonight Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:57 pm
    ----
That's the trouble with trotters and switches....!

#12: Re: JG300 is crying into it's Special reserve tonight Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:49 am
    ----
For the life of me, I still don't understand why these people don't come to us for piloting skills. We've had a few mishaps and lost a few pilots along the way, but we've never irreparably damaged an aircraft.

#13: Re: JG300 is crying into it's Special reserve tonight Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:15 pm
    ----
What a shame. Sad
I hope they can salvage it and get it fixed.

Wheels

-> Officer's Club