I'm goin' Ascoutin' fer coupla' weeks.....
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: I'm goin' Ascoutin' fer coupla' weeks..... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:32 pm
    ----
...in 'Urp. Don't be jealous, it's work...and lot's of it. OK, good Italian food will be involved, but so will Italian business (not to mention also Siciliano!)...and then....the Vaterland! Maybe get to see museum at Sinsheim between visits to universities and labs...

Back sometime July 4th weekend, ya'll stay.....independant! (even you Canuckistani's....do the best you can...) Laughing

#2: Re: I'm goin' Ascoutin' fer coupla' weeks..... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:58 pm
    ----
Dammit man, you'll be missed! And be careful dealin with them italian businessmen.......give 'em an offer they can't refuse!

Have a good, safe, and succesfull trip bud!

#3: Re: I'm goin' Ascoutin' fer coupla' weeks..... Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:02 pm
    ----
yes sir.........safe travels abroad and will be waitin for a couple of pics hopefully upon your return too........I must admit,,,,,I am so envyous of all your travelling,,,,,,I have never left Canada, on top of that,,,I have only seen about half of it,,if that,,,,,,well,,,,when I was 8 I did get to goto disneyland in california,,,but hey,,,,big deal,,,was all about the rides so wasnt really paying much attention to anything else......but I can say coming from the rockies of British Columbia its not that I haven't seen about the best that mother nature has to offer.....but I would really like to some old european city's,,,,,,I really liked your pics of Prague.......but hey,,,,,,,,have a good trip and dont eat to much canneloni's eh!!!!!!

#4: Re: I'm goin' Ascoutin' fer coupla' weeks..... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:07 pm
    ----
Well, I've got a procedure to run in a lab in Munich and there's a good chance I may get by that most eclectic of museums...the one at Sinsheim. If so, you can count on pics....and there'll be SOMETHING of interest because they have some of EVERYTHING. From cars, to rockets, to a Concord, to tanks! What's not to like? Laughing
Here is a taste: (click the link for more)
www.panzerschreck.de/m...sheim.html
[img]http://www.panzerschreck.de/museum/bilder/sinsheim%20(02).JPG[/img]
or maybe classic mo'cycles is your thing:

#5: Re: I'm goin' Ascoutin' fer coupla' weeks..... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:03 am
    ----
WOW!!!!

And DIG that black JU-88 back there!!!!!!

#6: Re: I'm goin' Ascoutin' fer coupla' weeks..... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:32 pm
    ----
Ascout....if you're still around it seems you picked a good time to leave! Just read about the 5.3 quake out there in Yucaipa (just a few miles from my old home town of Mentone!)...supposedly y'all "down there" felt it too, well didya?

Been a mess of quakes along that whole coastline recently......South America earlier this week, Northern California (Eureka) yesterday, and another today......I remember it'd usually happen whenever the temps warmed up and it got dry for a long time and normally I never worried about 'em when I lived there, but man I dunno, it sounds like maybe a good time to get outta Dodge!

#7: Re: I'm goin' Ascoutin' fer coupla' weeks..... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:06 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Ascout....if you're still around it seems you picked a good time to leave! Just read about the 5.3 quake out there in Yucaipa (just a few miles from my old home town of Mentone!)...supposedly y'all "down there" felt it too, well didya?

Been a mess of quakes along that whole coastline recently......South America earlier this week, Northern California (Eureka) yesterday, and another today......I remember it'd usually happen whenever the temps warmed up and it got dry for a long time and normally I never worried about 'em when I lived there, but man I dunno, it sounds like maybe a good time to get outta Dodge!

I'm still here (and so is the house!). I don't leave 'til early AM. Yep, I felt the one today (I thought it was a mega-gust of wind, but there's no wind!)...and the one a few days ago, over the weekend (vertical blinds deviated from "plumb" while I was at computer). Folks further east reported longer duration, more intensity (makes sense, fault is east of here...we're actually on the Pacific Plate, not the North American Plate...which means we'll still be here when the "Big One" hits (we hope!).

Having been actually swaying when in Mexico city last (19th floor of high rise hotel), the ones here are not as attention getting...more like curiosities....so far. Rolling Eyes

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum