Your first 4.01 takeoff?
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#16: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: _79_Vortex PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:00 am
    ----
~S~

What do you mean "My first take off?" How about the subsequent five or six all ending in the same! Rolling Eyes I got fed up with looking at the ground by my nose into the ground!!!

_79_Vortex

#17: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: Nausicaa PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:43 am
    ----
Hi all,

ok I'm not a poster here normally, but I just read through that thread, and thought I could give a hand.

Now maybe you know this already, but tweaking/adjusting settings in IL2 is really important and can change your flying experience TOTALLY.

IL2 has, since the FB realease, a special window you all probably already saw, I mean all that mysterious sliders under "Joystick Hotas". What do this sliders do? Well basically, it goes that way: Imagine the different axis', as YAW, PITCH and ROLL as a line from 1-100, or A to B. Now imagine you cut this line into ten equal parts. The 10 sliders (for each axis) parmit to set a individual sensitivity setting for all of these ten parts.
This is a quite unique feature and has BIG effect on your flying...basically you can have fun flying Cool (doing it right) and endless frustration ("why do I stall all the time" etc) Rolling Eyes Why was this implemented? Well, here comes something few people know: The default settings of the joystick in IL2 where in the beginning designed for a real flightjoke, and that is about 25 inches long or so. You can imagine what an input is on a 25 inches stick compared to a 7 inches stick (your table joystick)...quite a difference, huh? (*)
That is the typical mistake from some of the people coming from CFS3, especially the stock online flyers. They bang their aircraft around like their is no tomorrow and then rant about unrealistic flightmodels in IL2 and especially the dreaded airflow ruptures and stalls.
I did the same thing, until I read this article:

www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm

Read especially the second half, it really interesting. BTW, I installed Oleg's settings, and they are great for the Bf109 series (which seems to be Oleg's plane of choice in online combat I heard). You can do that by manually adjusting the sliders, but you can also copy/paste the whole thing into your confi.ini file.
This helped me a big deal and made the Bf109 wonderful to fly in IL2.

Hope this helps you too.

Cheers and -S- to all former buddies from CFS3 days---

Nausicaa

PS: If you want to do it REALLY right, every aircraft needs its own confi.ini configuration I heard. Dont know about which one is best for Corsairs or so...sorry.

(*) this come from an Interview with Oleg quite some time ago...don't know if I still have it around somewhere..

#18: Re: Your first 4.01 takeoff? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:58 am
    ----
Hiya Nausicaa and welcome to Com Central...:wink:

Thanks for the great tips and yep, we're all trying to 'dial in' the settings to what we feel are the best for the A/C we fly. I'm wondering if we can post up setting here from different people that might help those that like a particular A/C.

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters