Desert Storm Trophy Vehicles at Camp Pendleton
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Desert Storm Trophy Vehicles at Camp Pendleton Author: blackdog PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:42 pm
    ----
I just got these photos today and I thought that you all might enjoy them. They're from the Navy LCDR that managed Camp Pendleton's railroad in the 1990's.

www.themech.org/rr/CPRR1.pdf (not all of the photos were taken at Camp Pendleton, some of them were taken at Santa Fe's Hobart Yard in Los Angeles during an open house that the caboose attended...)

In regards to the armor assets: most of the Iraqi vehicles pictured are still on Pendleton, primarily at the School of Infantry, but there are also a few that made it to MCAS Miramar and elsewhere on Pendleton. I've been meaning to photograph them and post them here but the display is in a relatively remote area of the base that I rarely have a need to visit.

In regards to the rail equipment: the locomotives and cabooses are still around. The caboose is on Pendleton in a MOUT training facility. The USN locomotive is at the Mechanized Museum. The USMC locomotive is now at the Pacific Southwest Railway Museum in Campo, CA.

And if any of you are interested in model trains you'll soon be able to own your very own Camp Pendleton caboose: www.horizonhobby.com/P...D=ATH74000

Brian

-> AFV News Discussion Board