R.I.P. +Exemplo1_
-> Officer's Club

#1: R.I.P. +Exemplo1_ Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:57 am
    ----
I lost contact with an old e-mail address a while back and have just been sorting through months of back-logged e-mails.

One of them carried some very sad news indeed, which I feel bound to share because some of you, like me, are from the old CFS1 community and may be affected by it:-

I regret to inform you that my friend, and frequent wingman, Ian Smith, died from a long battle with cancer on January 28th 2010.
Those who flew CFS1 online in RidgeRunners on the old M$ Gaming Zone may remember him better as, "+Exemplo1_" or by his combat flying callsign, "PS_Monkey".

I only met him in person once, with his wife, in South Shields at one of my C.O., EURO_ACBrit1's gigs.
We were not able to spend as much time as I would have liked together, but he had long since left an impression on me.

I am unable to describe how upset I am to learn of this, nor how badly I feel to be passing it on so late.

Last edited by Shades on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:28 am; edited 2 times in total

#2: Re: R.I.P. +Exemplo1_ Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:22 am
    ----
Sad

#3: Re: R.I.P. +Exemplo1_ Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:29 am
    ----
-S-

R.I.P. and Blue skys.....

Hammer

#4: Re: R.I.P. +Exemplo1_ Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:40 am
    ----
Remember him well from the zone.

Sad news.

#5: Re: R.I.P. +Exemplo1_ Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:35 am
    ----
Yep.
He was one of those guys who was more interested in making the game more fun than, necessarilly, the outcome and was able to play to a very high standard whilst simultaneously providing a stimulating and entertaining level of in-game banter.
I was fortunate enough to have him as one of my early trainers.
He had a long history in the British Army and was still serving when I last spoke to him.

#6: Re: R.I.P. +Exemplo1_ Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:13 am
    ----
awe i remember xmplo sad news, RIP
he was into runes if i remember right

#7: Re: R.I.P. +Exemplo1_ Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:40 am
    ----
Yes, I think you do.

#8: Re: R.I.P. +Exemplo1_ Author: A1Trigger_HappyLocation: Alabama, USA PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:13 am
    ----
S! Brother you will be missed by all.

-> Officer's Club