R.I.P. +Exemplo1_
-> CFS1

#1: R.I.P. +Exemplo1_ Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:58 am
    ----
I lost contact with an old e-mail address a while back and have just been sorting through months of back-logged e-mails.

One of them carried some very sad news indeed, which I feel bound to share because some of you, like me, are from the old CFS1 community and may be affected by it:-

I regret to inform you that my friend, and frequent wingman, Ian Smith, died from a long battle with cancer on January 28th 2010.

Those who flew CFS1 online in RidgeRunners on the old M$ Gaming Zone may remember him better as, "+Exemplo1_" or by his combat flying callsign, "PS_Monkey".

I only met him in person once, with his wife, in South Shields at one of my C.O., EURO_ACBrit1's gigs.
We were not able to spend as much time as I would have liked together, but he had long since left an impression on me.

I am unable to describe how upset I am to learn of this, nor how badly I feel to be passing it on so late.

Last edited by Shades on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: R.I.P. +Exemplo1_ Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:48 am
    ----
Wow.. that is very sad news

#3: Re: R.I.P. +Exemplo1_ Author: NS38th_AristaeusLocation: Pensacola, FL. PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:54 am
    ----
On behalf of NS38th I would like to extend condolences.
~S~

#4: Re: R.I.P. +Exemplo1_ Author: PS_CivilianLocation: Ontario/Florida PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:16 pm
    ----
Sometimes, the people you never get to meet face to face can have the biggest impact on your life. PS_Monkey/+Exe was one of those people. We were squad mates and +'s together in the Game Zone and he quickly became my best friend. There was not a day that went by over 8 years that we didn't talk or fly (and later play WoW) together. He lived life fully, with humour and with style! He was my mentor, friend, shoulder and comic relief. He can not be replaced and shall never be forgotten.

~S~

#5: Re: R.I.P. +Exemplo1_ Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:23 pm
    ----
~S~

Just saw this one...R.I.P.....Blue Skys...~S~..

Hammer

-> CFS1