France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:35 am
    ----
Here are a few Vehicles I saw last month, this was not a vehicle trip, these just happened to be where I was.

Diekirch, Luxembourg, This museum is the best museum I’ve seen for gear, they must have one of everything issued during World War II.

G.O. Hackenburg, France

9. What is this guy?

Morfontaine, France

#2: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:39 am
    ----
Niedersimmten, Germany

Ouvrage de Simserhof, France

#3: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:11 am
    ----
Koblentz

everyone open these ok??

#4: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:06 am
    ----
yep, I see 17 nice picture's Mr. Green

Need help with ID Confused

Michel

#5: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:47 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

for which ones?

P-O

#6: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:39 pm
    ----
I've never actually seen one of those Panhard EBR 8-wheel thingy's in other than old photos.

#7: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:31 pm
    ----
Nice!
What was there at the moment to see in the Koblenz museum.

About the M4 in the Diekirch museum, is that a normal (allied) muzzle brake? This because one of the Shermans at the Cavalry museum had a German muzzle brake and one M4 from Amersfoort is to Belgium (a time ago).

And the last question, the handrails/handgrips around the turret of the M47, are these standard or is this a Belgian modification like the picture below?

Regards,
Lesley

#8: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:41 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Nice!
What was there at the moment to see in the Koblenz museum.

About the M4 in the Diekirch museum, is that a normal (allied) muzzle brake? This because one of the Shermans at the Cavalry museum had a German muzzle brake and one M4 from Amersfoort is to Belgium (a time ago).

And the last question, the handrails/handgrips around the turret of the M47, are these standard or is this a Belgian modification like the picture below?

Regards,
Lesley

The muzzle brake on the M4A1 is a standard one. As designed, the brake is roughly based on that used on the 7.5cm Pak 40.

The rails on the M47 turret are also standard. Based on photos and information in Hunnicutt's Patton, they are a late production item.

#9: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:42 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Nice!

Regards,
Lesley

Lesley,
While most M47's I've seen indeed have two infantry rails per side, those have been "enhanced" to serve more as cargo carriers, ala the "bustle rack", but on the sides.
D.

#10: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:49 pm
    ----
OK, thanks for the info about the racks and muzzle brake.

I was under the impression that these model of racks were a typical Belgian mod.

Regards,
Lesley

#11: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:57 pm
    ----
Pierre, What is number 7?? You have any idea?
Leslie, I will sort though the Koblenz pics and post later this weekend.

#12: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:57 pm
    ----
yes of course, number 7 is an AMX-13 90mm, and number 9 is a Fouga VP-90.
At the Fort du Hackenberg should be a T-16 Carrier too, that I didn't see on your pictures.

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Tanks_in_France/fort_hackenberg/index.html

Pierre-Olivier

#13: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:00 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
I've never actually seen one of those Panhard EBR 8-wheel thingy's in other than old photos.

here are the known survivors, the most of them are preserved in France :

http://www.massimocorner.com/afv/Surviving_Panhard_EBR.pdf

P-O

#14: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:17 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- L.Delsing
Nice!

Regards,
Lesley

Lesley,
While most M47's I've seen indeed have two infantry rails per side, those have been "enhanced" to serve more as cargo carriers, ala the "bustle rack", but on the sides.
D.

Yeah Doug, you're right. Upon a closer look, they've indeed extended them out farther from the turret and added extra rods to them. I'll have to remember that for my Belgian M47 model.

#15: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:39 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

- the_shadock
for which ones?

P-O

well actualy my idea was, that armyjunk2 maybe wanted some help with ID

However thanks for the offer

What is that thingy in picture 14 Confused
The sign is telling something like "Char radio Renault R17"
Searching on the internet did not give any info, the only thing I could find are the "standard" Renault FT-17 tank and Renault cars

Michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board