Friday in Richardson MP
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#46: Re: Friday in Richardson MP Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:30 pm
    ----
The lower one looks scabbed on and is missing two of the switches (unlike the upper one which is intact), so my guess is that it had something to do with the test set-up.

Hey Don: Would you mind tracing the wiring of that switch through the hull? Smile

KL

#47: Re: Friday in Richardson MP Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:16 pm
    ----
Kurt

I checked all the photos taken but none were any better then what I posted above on that 'aux' starter switch. It does look like a 'situational' fabrication.

I'll check it out on next visit. At least try to get better shots of the reverse side of the bolt on panel. BUT,.... tracing wiring thru the hull.....!? Its difficult enough to get into the drivers compartment, let alone attempt to trace a wiring harness thru a sub-hull......

You guys sure don't expect too much from me do ya....? ha ha ha

I'll see what I can find out, next visit.

Regards
Don

#48: Re: Friday in Richardson MP Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:25 pm
    ----
As for a little change of pace, here is the M40 GMC:

With the escape hatch missing, I crawled into the crew compartment. Located the data plate on the forward hull wall.

Close up of the Data Plate:

This vehicle will be departing here soon, but not to Ft Benning. Its supposed to be heading to Ft Sill.

Regards
Don

#49: Re: Friday in Richardson MP Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:45 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Doug

Heres a few more references from the pages of the T29 Manual:

Is that enough....?

Regards
Don

Thanks, Don...

Does the wobble stick differ between the two models? The one in driver's manual looks different than the real item in your recent pics. Maybe the manual is more a different version than what you were able to access?

Anyone know how well these worked in actual practice?

#50: Re: Friday in Richardson MP Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:17 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Changin speeds alittle bit. Here are a few additional vehicles in RMP.

The M31 which was recently moved from in front of the museum.

And a few Stuart Light tanks:

Regards
Don

This has spurred me to add the M31 to my Fort Knox list, with my old photo's and this new one:

Unique ID 1289: Fort Knox M31

and similarly to add the M32 and M51:

Unique ID 1290: Fort Knox M32

Unique ID 1292: Fort Knox M51

Unfortunately I can't relate the Stuart photo's to the Stuarts I saw in 1983, so I'm going to have to research them a bit further to match them up (I'll try to that over the next couple of days). These are my ones, just added:

Unique ID 1293: Fort Knox M3A1

Unique ID 1294: Fort Knox M5A1

Unique ID 1295: Fort Knox M5A1

#51: Re: Friday in Richardson MP Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:41 pm
    ----
Trevor

Here is an old photo of the M31 when it was still in Germany. Not sure of date of photo.

Regards
Don

#52: Re: Friday in Richardson MP Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:15 am
    ----
Don - that was a joke!

KL

#53: Re: Friday in Richardson MP Author: panamadan PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:37 am
    ----
what BN crest is that on the building?
Dan

#54: Re: Friday in Richardson MP Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:54 am
    ----
Kurt

whew,...... oh ok

I'll cross that request off my list of things to do.

Dan

I think the crest on the building is an Artillery Bn unit crest. Not sure which.

Regards
Don

#55: Re: Friday in Richardson MP Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:45 am
    ----
- Dontos
As for a little change of pace, here is the M40 GMC:

Close up of the Data Plate:

Don, did you make anything out on this data plate - like the SN? I cant seem to make anything out...

Neil

#56: Re: Friday in Richardson MP Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:59 am
    ----
Looks like it could be the 11th Field Artillery, but I'm not confident of that... Someone else might want to go looking through this site...

www.tioh.hqda.pentagon...spx?u=3416

Neil

#57: Re: Friday in Richardson MP Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:49 pm
    ----
Neil

No luck on the data plate. I'll see about revisiting the M40 and get better info.

Regards
Don

#58: Re: Friday in Richardson MP Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:04 pm
    ----
Don, thanks for your pictures. It's nice to be able to see how the things are going on at Fort Knox.

Pierre-Olivier

#59: Re: Friday in Richardson MP Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:25 am
    ----
Here are a few misc photos from yesterdays RMP visit.

New additions to RMP

Former Brooks Field M4A3E8 (AKA Thunderbolt VI)

Former PX parking lot M4A3E8 (AKA Thunderbolt VII)

Former Woods Hall M4A3 (AKA Tiger Jack)

Also relocated here is the MBT 70, M60A1 & M114 from Disney Barracks, and the M60A1 from vic of Quinn Hall.

I believe that means all vehicles are pulled from all on post location that will be leaving except M60A3 that is at Sadowski Hall and M578 in Disney Barracks area.

Regards
Don

#60: Re: Friday in Richardson MP Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:50 am
    ----
One other item of interest. I peeked into the open drivers hatch of the 103A2 (SN 666) and found the
Data Plate. USMC Data plate with the RN (233150) is stamped into the plate instead of the SN.

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board