Tanks in town
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Tanks in town Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:30 pm
    ----
For the AFV fans in Europe

Who is planning to go to tanks in town 28th and 29th of August at Mons Belgium Confused

And which day?

Maybe an idea to get an little "AFV News Discussion Board" meeting
or perhaps 2x

I know P-O will be there, Trichenor, me, others?

Michel

#2: Re: Tanks in town Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:38 pm
    ----
yeah, for sure this time I'll be disguised into a Russian soldier, hope that there will be at least one T-34/85.

Here is what the uniform looks like, I'm the tall guy with the PPSh and the German hand grenade :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrickbrion/4809308406/in/set-72157624536272844/

Michel, will you be dressed with an uniform too?

P-O

#3: Re: Tanks in town Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:09 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
yeah, for sure this time I'll be disguised into a Russian soldier, hope that there will be at least one T-34/85.

Here is what the uniform looks like, I'm the tall guy with the PPSh and the German hand grenade :
P-O

I was kind of expecting more of a Commissar Strelnikov look.

Just kidding.... Laughing

#4: Re: Tanks in town Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:21 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
Michel, will you be dressed with an uniform too?

No,sorry I'm not

I like the AFV's and everything around it, however dressing like an soldier from the past Neutral

Like to keep it to vehicle's for the moment, so getting one is my goal for this year
Perhaps I will change my mind when I have an vehicle, to complete the picture

Are you part of an group that are representing an certain Russian unit?

Michel

#5: Re: Tanks in town Author: Manu-MilitaryLocation: Right in the heart of the Chambois pocket PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:49 pm
    ----
I'll be there for the 7th time for the whole week-end.
For those interested in the videos I took there, here's a link to all of them on youtube from my modelling site:
manu-military.e-monsit...20511.html

Enjoy!

#6: Re: Tanks in town Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:52 pm
    ----
Hi All

It was confirmed to me today that we with the M7B2 Priest will be at Tanks in Town next weekend.
So I you see a Priest you've found me.
Just so coorporation from the weather and it will be a great weekend.

Tichenor

#7: Re: Tanks in town Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:08 pm
    ----
yeah, that's great. I do love your restored M7B2.

P-O

#8: Re: Tanks in town Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:14 pm
    ----
I only have to opportunity to go there 1 of the 2 day's, so either the Saturday or the Sunday

Any advice which day would be best?

I have never been there, so

Michel

#9: Re: Tanks in town Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:36 am
    ----
Hello Michel

On saturday everything is going on on a local motorcross track called Bois Brûlé in Ghlin. On sunday most of the armour will away on the ride around mons. There are two stops, one in a village and the second in a field where the battle will be (again). So for the second day you have to be mobile and willing to face the traffic jam, best way is to hitch a ride on a Afv but that requires to know someone Wink .
If you are short on time I would advise Saturday.

Tichenor

#10: Re: Tanks in town Author: Manu-MilitaryLocation: Right in the heart of the Chambois pocket PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:18 am
    ----
- Tichenor
Hello Michel

On saturday everything is going on on a local motorcross track called Bois Brûlé in Ghlin. On sunday most of the armour will away on the ride around mons. There are two stops, one in a village and the second in a field where the battle will be (again). So for the second day you have to be mobile and willing to face the traffic jam, best way is to hitch a ride on a Afv but that requires to know someone Wink .

Tichenor

As a reenactor, I participated twice to the Sunday ride.
The first year, I rode on top of the Pershing turret and the second year, I stood on the engine deck of a M18 Hellcat up until the fighting in the field.
Fortunately both days were sunny and hot. But I can say this has been a physical effort since none of both tanks are confortable and further more the engine deck of the Hellcat was extremely hot jut after one hour of driving. This made our position very difficult to stand though these were extremely enjoyable and quite a kind of privilege for somebody who knew nobody at first. I just asked and because my uniform just looked accurate, I was allowed to climb on board.
This year, I'll be there for the seventh time.

Find all my videos here: manu-military.e-monsit...20511.html

#11: Re: Tanks in town Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:01 pm
    ----
Hello Michel

Tichenor

Thanks for the advice and the offer, however I will be there saturday
It turned out better that way

So I see you saturday

Michel

#12: Re: Tanks in town Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:19 pm
    ----
On Saturday we would have more time to discuss and take nice pictures. Usually, Sunday is a quite busy day and we have less time to discuss.

P-O

#13: Re: Tanks in town Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:23 pm
    ----
- Tichenor
best way is to hitch a ride on a Afv but that requires to know someone Wink

Michel,

I would really really don't mind to be offered a ride on the M7B2.

Besides the Soviet uniform, I also have an US Infantry WW2 uniform reproduction + M1 Thompson reproduction, do you think I would better have it in the car, just in case?

Pierre-Olivier

#14: Re: Tanks in town Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:23 pm
    ----
perhaps we should set an time for an small gathering Confused

And set the M7 Priest for an meeing point, it will be hard to mis Mr. Green

Michel

#15: Re: Tanks in town Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:31 am
    ----
- the_shadock
Besides the Soviet uniform, I also have an US Infantry WW2 uniform reproduction + M1 Thompson reproduction, do you think I would better have it in the car, just in case?

Maybe I was a bit to fast, at this moment we have no clearance to participate in the ride on Sunday. Last year we did get the okay on saturday, so I'm not yet woried. But to be clear on that, without that clearance we can not take part in the Sunday ride. But if we ride, one free place can't be a problem so you're welcme P-O.

Tichenor

-> AFV News Discussion Board