Tanks in town
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Tanks in town Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:58 pm
    ----
- Tichenor
- the_shadock
Besides the Soviet uniform, I also have an US Infantry WW2 uniform reproduction + M1 Thompson reproduction, do you think I would better have it in the car, just in case?

Maybe I was a bit to fast, at this moment we have no clearance to participate in the ride on Sunday. Last year we did get the okay on saturday, so I'm not yet woried. But to be clear on that, without that clearance we can not take part in the Sunday ride. But if we ride, one free place can't be a problem so you're welcme P-O.

Tichenor

Michel,

I would be really glad to have a little tour on a Sherman-based vehicle. I always wanted to do this, and was never able to. he only thing I had the chance to get is a free 5 kms tour on a Chaffee..
Even 5 minutes on the running M7B2 would be wonderful.

By the way, I was at Bastogne in December 2009, and saw the M7B2 with its crew. Did you go to this event too? Maybe we have seen each other without knowing that we knew each other.

P-O

#17: Re: Tanks in town Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:45 am
    ----
- the_shadock
By the way, I was at Bastogne in December 2009, and saw the M7B2 with its crew. Did you go to this event too? Maybe we have seen each other without knowing that we knew each other.

We were indeed in Bastogne last year, cold but nothing like 1944. Seems we missed each other there.

This time we won't let that happen, anyone a proposition at what time the First European Afv News Discussion Board Meeting ( for short the FEANDBM, what a name )should start?

P-O prepare yourself for that first ever Sherman ride (Ok Priest that is), we will put someting together there.

Tichenor

#18: Re: Tanks in town Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:21 am
    ----
something in the morning, around 10:00 Confused

I will bring along an pack of "stroopwafels" Mr. Green

Michel

#19: Re: Tanks in town Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:09 pm
    ----
- Tichenor

We were indeed in Bastogne last year, cold but nothing like 1944. Seems we missed each other there.

This time we won't let that happen, anyone a proposition at what time the First European Afv News Discussion Board Meeting ( for short the FEANDBM, what a name )should start?

P-O prepare yourself for that first ever Sherman ride (Ok Priest that is), we will put someting together there.

Tichenor

here are some of my "Bastogne 2009" pics, maybe can we see you in one of these? :

P-O

#20: Re: Tanks in town Author: Smashy PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:32 pm
    ----

Keep an eye open for the CIA (Europe) guys in their distinctive T-shirts or hats - should be about six of us there.

#21: Re: Tanks in town Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:47 pm
    ----
- Smashy

Keep an eye open for the CIA (Europe) guys in their distinctive T-shirts or hats - should be about six of us there.

Did you have those locally made, or uploaded to Cafepress or somewhere? Might be some others interested in buying...

#22: Re: Tanks in town Author: Smashy PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:57 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

Did you have those locally made, or uploaded to Cafepress or somewhere? Might be some others interested in buying...

Got mine from the shops on JED.

Hats
Shirts

Might be other stuff but didn't look any closer because every time I go to that site I spend hours on it if I am not careful.

#23: Re: Tanks in town Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:08 pm
    ----
- the_shadock

here are some of my "Bastogne 2009" pics, maybe can we see you in one of these? :

Nope not on those, I would say those are made on saturday morning, just before we left to Remangen

Here's the whole crew, I'm the one who wants to be the tallest (with some help of a ladder)

Tichenor

#24: Re: Tanks in town Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:15 pm
    ----
- Smashy

The more people, the more fun. Don't walk past the Priest without saying hello (we don't often have a chance to meet other members of the brotherhood Razz )

Tichenor

#25: Re: Tanks in town Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:28 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

something in the morning, around 10:00

I will bring along an pack of "stroopwafels"

10:00 perfect for me

Hmm stroopwafels don't go well with our famous beer, so I will make some coffee or thee.

tichenor

#26: Re: Tanks in town Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm
    ----
- Tichenor
- Michel_Krauss

something in the morning, around 10:00

I will bring along an pack of "stroopwafels"

10:00 perfect for me

Hmm stroopwafels don't go well with our famous beer, so I will make some coffee or thee.

tichenor

Is it a BYOB (Bring Your Own Beer) party??

P-O

#27: Re: Tanks in town Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:14 pm
    ----

P-O

I alway's thought the French where more into wine and cheese Laughing

Michel

#28: Re: Tanks in town Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:17 pm
    ----

Smashy wrote:

The more people, the more fun. Don't walk past the Priest without saying hello (we don't often have a chance to meet other members of the brotherhood Razz )

Tichenor

I better bring more then just one pack then ..... Wink

Michel

#29: Re: Tanks in town Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 pm
    ----
- Tichenor
- Smashy

Tichenor

So, even the U.S. had a geriatric Volkssturm, who knew? Laughing

#30: Re: Tanks in town Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:47 am
    ----
- the_shadock

According Belgian hospitality rules, doing that gets you in BIG problems Wink probably even arrested.

Just kiding, but an event here in Belgium without a beer tent is ... I haven't got words for it.

See you all Saturday
Tichenor

-> AFV News Discussion Board