Thanks Dontos!!
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Thanks Dontos!! Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:00 pm
    ----
Yesterday, Mrs VB and I had a fantastic 'backstage' tour of the Richardson Motor Pool, the LST Building, various static AFVs as well as an up close and personal visit with Cobra King - all thanks to the generosity and enthusiasm of Don "Dontos" Moriarty!!

Thanks Don!!

It was fascinating to hear about the forensic process of examining and restoring Cobra King and really amazing to see the artifacts themselves.

We had a blast seeing and photographing the AFV's in and around the motor pool, getting the skinny on where they came from and just having the chance to see stuff in the collection that most people never get to see.

It was GREAT!!
VB

#2: Re: Thanks Dontos!! Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:16 am
    ----
I am humbled.....

Y'all are way too kind. I'm glad to have had the chance to show off 'our' toys.

(Okay, so they are only 'ours' until they leave,....)

Regards
Don

#3: Re: Thanks Dontos!! Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:41 am
    ----
- vagabond
Yesterday, Mrs VB and I had a fantastic 'backstage' tour of the Richardson Motor Pool, the LST Building, various static AFVs as well as an up close and personal visit with Cobra King - all thanks to the generosity and enthusiasm of Don "Dontos" Moriarty!!

Thanks Don!!

It was fascinating to hear about the forensic process of examining and restoring Cobra King and really amazing to see the artifacts themselves.

We had a blast seeing and photographing the AFV's in and around the motor pool, getting the skinny on where they came from and just having the chance to see stuff in the collection that most people never get to see.

It was GREAT!!
VB

Lucky man, VB!! Lucky man...

#4: Re: Thanks Dontos!! Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:18 am
    ----
Sad to know this will all end soon,

I need to get down there real soon before this small window closes.

#5: Re: Thanks Dontos!! Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:58 am
    ----
I've been lucky enough to be on one of Don's guided tours. Great is the word. Smile

#6: Re: Thanks Dontos!! Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:28 pm
    ----
As in the parting scene in the old 'Beverly Hillbillies' TV Show.....

"Y'ALL COME BACK NOW, YA'HEAR...."

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board