Focus on the M47
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#91: Re: Focus on the M47 Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:37 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
- C_Sherman
Trevor,

Are you tracking two tanks at Chiriaco Summit? I have pics of a green one and a brown MERDC one there.

Yes please!

- C_Sherman

Joe,

That M47 was still by the motorpool as of late 2008, although it's an 11ACR motorpool now. I have pics of it too.

Chuck

and again!

A bump for C_Sherman!

#92: Re: Focus on the M47 Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:49 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
- TrevorLarkum
- C_Sherman
Trevor,

Are you tracking two tanks at Chiriaco Summit? I have pics of a green one and a brown MERDC one there.

Yes please!

- C_Sherman

Joe,

That M47 was still by the motorpool as of late 2008, although it's an 11ACR motorpool now. I have pics of it too.

Chuck

and again!

A bump for C_Sherman!

I haven't forgotten, just busy!

I also spotted another M47 today next to Range Control, here at Ft. Lewis. There's also a M60A0 there, and I'll get back to take some pictures as soon as I have time.

#93: Re: Focus on the M47 Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:23 pm
    ----
- C_Sherman

Understood - sorry, I didn't mean to nag!

#94: Re: Focus on the M47 Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:21 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
- C_Sherman

No worries. I guess that sounded more peevish than it was intended.

In any case, there are two new threads for your enjoyment and use.

Chuck

#95: Re: Focus on the M47 Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:26 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
- C_Sherman

Its okay I'll nag him for you - Chuck consider yourself nagged Wink

#96: Re: Focus on the M47 Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:19 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
- Tanklord
The M47 that was in the Louisiana Museum of Military History, which later was transferred to Camp Shelby, MS, was an Italian rebuild. It had bothe the plate with all the little squares and the plate with ORMC.

Thanks for that - I'll return to Camp Shelby at a later date (watch this space)

Done. Tanklord, please check the entry and add anything if you can:

Unique ID 1364: Camp Shelby M47

Thanks.

#97: Re: Focus on the M47 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:01 pm
    ----
Trevor

I know you've been hard at work trying to get the Ft Knox M47's straight, but.....

M47 (SN 3200) has now departed Ft Knox on the 21 Oct rail shipment headed to Ft Benning.

It is supposed to be located at the Sand Hill Storage yard at Ft Benning. I haven't gotten confirmation on this. I'm hoping to get some images to include the recent vehicle shipment in the near future.

Regards
Don

#98: Re: Focus on the M47 Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:32 pm
    ----
Thanks Don - I'll get back to FK soon, and include all the updates you've posted recently.

#99: Re: Focus on the M47 Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:28 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
- TrevorLarkum
- Tanklord
The M47 that was in the Louisiana Museum of Military History, which later was transferred to Camp Shelby, MS, was an Italian rebuild. It had bothe the plate with all the little squares and the plate with ORMC.

Thanks for that - I'll return to Camp Shelby at a later date (watch this space)

Done. Tanklord, please check the entry and add anything if you can:

Unique ID 1364: Camp Shelby M47

Thanks.

The dates for the time it was at the museum are from 94 thru 99, then it was located at Lafayette Asphalt Co until late 2008

#100: Re: Focus on the M47 Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:09 pm
    ----
Tanklord - thanks for that. I see you have posted more about Lafayette Asphalt here:

www.com-central.net/in...pic&t=7452

Plus a search on the web has thrown up a list of 120 preserved M42 Dusters (!), including 2 at Lafayette Asphalt:

www.ndqsa.com/2008NovNewsletter.pdf

It sounds like I need to write up the Lafayette Asphalt Co. as a separate location, to tie up these threads. Could I use your photo's from that thread (and album link)?

#101: Re: Focus on the M47 Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:02 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
Tanklord - thanks for that. I see you have posted more about Lafayette Asphalt here:

www.com-central.net/in...amp;t=7452

Plus a search on the web has thrown up a list of 120 preserved M42 Dusters (!), including 2 at Lafayette Asphalt:

www.ndqsa.com/2008NovNewsletter.pdf

It sounds like I need to write up the Lafayette Asphalt Co. as a separate location, to tie up these threads. Could I use your photo's from that thread (and album link)?

You may use any of my pictures that fit your needs.

Trevor, all the armor that was parked at the Lafayette Asphalt Co. is now at Camp Shelby, Mississippi. They were stored there after the Louisiana Museum of Military History closed down. I believe it was late 2008 or early 2009 when they moved them back to Camp Shelby and placed them back under government control.

There was only 1 M42 in Lafayette. That website that says there were 2 had it wrong.

#102: Re: Focus on the M47 Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:02 am
    ----
Tanklord, I've now written up Lafayatte Asphalt - please check, you can access all the tanks that were there from this page. Note, I've have left the M60 there for now as it isn't among those that Joe saw at Shelby - did it definitely move?

Location ID 68850: Lafayette Asphalt Company

#103: Re: Focus on the M47 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:21 am
    ----
Trevor

I have taken a fairly comprehensive walk around of both the Cutaway & the Belgian M47s. It seems there is more room around the remaining vehicles in RMP, for obvious reasons.

I'll post some of these to my photobucket folders on each tank, feel free to use them, once you get to it.

Trying to get this done to as many as possible, while I have the chance.

Regards
Don

#104: Re: Focus on the M47 Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:10 pm
    ----
Will do - I'm looking forward to seeing them.

#105: Re: Focus on the M47 Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:51 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
Tanklord, I've now written up Lafayatte Asphalt - please check, you can access all the tanks that were there from this page. Note, I've have left the M60 there for now as it isn't among those that Joe saw at Shelby - did it definitely move?

Location ID 68850: Lafayette Asphalt Company

It definitely moved...nothing but softskins left there.

-> AFV News Discussion Board