Centurion Spotted on AMC's "Walking Dead" Series.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Centurion Spotted on AMC's "Walking Dead" Series. Author: boeman PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 am
    ----
I watched AMC's premiere airing of "Walking Dead" and saw this featured gem:

A pleasant surprise but left me curious at the same time as to how the show, given it's large budget, wasn't able to secure an authentic M1. Normally the military is only too happy to rent one out as a movie prop, no?

#2: Re: Centurion Spotted on AMC's "Walking Dead" Series. Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:20 am
    ----
Looks more like a Chieftain to me.

#3: Re: Centurion Spotted on AMC's "Walking Dead" Series. Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:22 am
    ----
There are 'fake' Abrams available thru rent.

Perhaps filming locations and schedules have limited real Abrams usage.

That is a slightly 'vismod'ed Chieftain.

I hate it when the zombies 'pick on' tankers!!! HA HA HA !!

Regards
Don

#4: Re: Centurion Spotted on AMC's "Walking Dead" Series. Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:25 pm
    ----
Wasn't this in an episode of "Jerico"

- Jeff

#5: Re: Centurion Spotted on AMC's "Walking Dead" Series. Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:56 pm
    ----
I'd say it's a standard Chieftain, but a Mark 11 so it has the Stillbrew armour around the front of the turret.

PreservedTanks.com/Typ...oryId=3570

#6: Re: Centurion Spotted on AMC's "Walking Dead" Series. Author: junglejim65 PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:07 am
    ----
Yeh, looks like plain Mk.11 Stillbrew with the thermal wrapping on the barrel and searchlight removed.

Jim

#7: Re: Centurion Spotted on AMC's "Walking Dead" Series. Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:44 am
    ----
This was on in the UK last Friday. I watched it and quite enjoyed it. Funny, though, how tanks in Hollywood are bigger on the inside than on the outside - when I served on Chieftains we certainly didn't have enough room inside for people to sit on the floor and get comfortable!

#8: Re: Centurion Spotted on AMC's "Walking Dead" Series. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:47 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
This was on in the UK last Friday. I watched it and quite enjoyed it. Funny, though, how tanks in Hollywood are bigger on the inside than on the outside - when I served on Chieftains we certainly didn't have enough room inside for people to sit on the floor and get comfortable!

A feature they seem to share with submarines. Wink

#9: Re: Centurion Spotted on AMC's "Walking Dead" Series. Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

A feature they seem to share with submarines. :wink:

I hadn't thought of that - but I'm sure you're right!

I wonder if I'm the only one who ponders on what transport they would requisition if we really did end up in a post-apocalyptic scenario - with zombies or not. Much as I'm a tanker by heart, I'd probably go for an IFV, maybe a Warrior or Bradley. Something with reasonable firepower, but space for food, water and other essentials. Maybe it's just me..!

Conversely I'd be rubbish at writing a script like Reign of Fire. I'd have the Chieftain tank shoot the dragon, and the film would be over in the first scene!

#10: Re: Centurion Spotted on AMC's "Walking Dead" Series. Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:39 am
    ----
Yeah, I dont know what they had those helicopters for in Reign of Fire - other than fancy airdrops on dragons. They certainly didnt use them to scout ahead for obstructions/roadblocks for the ground troops convoy...

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board