The Beech is out!!!
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#1: The Beech is out!!! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:37 am
    ----
-> library.avsim.net/esea...DLID=69176

"VC and No-VC models included; Pkg incl Gmax A/C with "hand-flyer" flight dynamics and features a beautiful photoreal era correct panel and easy-to-read virtual cockpit, photoreal exterior textures and gauges, matching interior, VC gauge backlighting, specular highlites in the VC and Html checklists. Sounds recommended for this aircraft are ba_gbr.zip by Mike Hambly found in the FS2002 Sound section. Support website and contact info in documentation."

Filename: d18svc4.zip
Author: by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas and André Folkers
Size: 16362kb

Marco

#2: Re: The Beech is out!!! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:39 am
    ----
Note, from Milton's web-site:

"SOUNDS
While awaiting our sounds to be completed, we highly recommend the excellent P&W 985 sounds by Mike Hambly
A complete sound set for the Gee-Bee Racer
Filename: ba_gbr.zip
Found in the FS2002 Sounds section of Avsim."

Cool
Marco

#3: Re: The Beech is out!!! Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:58 pm
    ----
Hey Marco, thanks Smile

Three reminders:
1. Sounds, you need the ones noted in the doc for a full experience.
2. Tailwheel Lock: find it as you will need it for all ground operations
3. Day Time VC Lighting: Left of the Cowl Flap Switches for daytime use only.

And one final, if you like VC Rain effects, there is another model just for you at the support site:

www.flightsimonline.co...nloads.htm

This replaces the VC model you have in the model.vc folder.

Hope you like the D18S Smile

#4: Re: The Beech is out!!! Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:08 pm
    ----
Oh yeah, got it, flew it, and I love it. Milton you guys did a great job. Nice slow plane, with great handling. Nice work.

#5: Re: The Beech is out!!! Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:01 pm
    ----
Thanks again Milton..awesome plane

#6: Re: The Beech is out!!! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:21 am
    ----
Ah, great, got the rain effect, thank you very much, Milton!
Cool
I saw there's also a forthcoming bare metal texture set, and I hope our fashion makers will provide a new CC dress for this smart lady in short time, eh?
Wink
Get ready, please, 'cause this will be our mount the following Sunday!
Mr. Green

Marco

#7: Re: The Beech is out!!! Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:51 am
    ----
VERY NICE! I have been flying it about quite a bit and it is a very nice bird! One thing I did notice, the Carb heat knobs on the throttle quadrent, though labled when I place the mouse over them, from what I can tell nothing actually happens when I engage them, in regard to engine RPM drop or even the lever actually moving at all! This may just be me but I thought I would throw this out there anyway. Also, does this bird have a transponder?

#8: Re: The Beech is out!!! Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:59 am
    ----
When I flew it, I couldn't find the tailwheel lock. The darned plan kept wandering all over, and it would have been nice on take off. Milton, where did you hide the knob? I look forward to more textures and your planes are awsome.

#9: Re: The Beech is out!!! Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:12 am
    ----
There is a great document in the main aircraft folder called Beech D18S Panel Doc.html. It documents all the functions. Smile

In the 2D panel, the tailwheel lock is on the panel near the DME and VSI and left of the fuel gauge. There is also a tailwheel lock on light so you have a visual reference.

In the VC, it is where is is in real world, on the lower ECU panel between the Fuel Selectors, a chrome handle.

If you turn Tooltips on for a few minutes, you would see all these things easily. Wink Or, of course, there's also breaking down and reading the documentation package. OMG! LOL

#10: Re: The Beech is out!!! Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:24 am
    ----
This is a great plane and I will put a CC Airlines Bush Flying paint scheme on her and maybe Hitman can find the time to do the CC Airlines scheme.

RCAF_MadDog

#11: Re: The Beech is out!!! Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:57 am
    ----
Sorry about that, I read the documentation from the website right after I posted on the board. I found the command that locks it too.

#12: Re: The Beech is out!!! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:27 pm
    ----
Very nice Milton. I flew in a Beech-18 a couple of times. It was a cargo plane used to carry freight for Burlington Air Express. It was amazing to see how much cargo it would carry. I rode up front one trip to DFW and the other to Lubbock. Even got to fly her for a while. Smile What I remember of it you got it right on. Thanks

#13: Re: The Beech is out!!! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:10 am
    ----
... and the first alternative textures come available... and this one is quite teasing:

-> library.avsim.net/esea...DLID=69295

"This is a fictional repaint "Bush Whackers" in a livery perfect for Alaska and Canada of the beechcraft D18S by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas and Andre Folkers. She is weathered, in need of a wash, a polish, and some TLC, but like a favorite watch she keeps on going. Also included is a smoke file for piston engines so your Beechcraft has a darker smoke trail behind her."

Filename: d18s_bush_whackers.zip
Author: Stephen Vasali
Size: 5752kb

Laughing
Marco

#14: Re: The Beech is out!!! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:15 am
    ----
Mr. Green

you're running short Marco, yesterday allready a US Navy and a Canadian Heritage repaint available at avsim, allready d/l'd and installed !! Laughing

And almost forget in the excitement,

Thank you Milton and team for this wonderfull aircraft!!

fled
Laughing

#15: Re: The Beech is out!!! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:06 am
    ----
Right you say, Fled, and now two more, a nice "Milton Shupe and Crew", and a smart "Royal Netherlands Historical Flight" - but seen the success of this plane (5800 downloads in just one day), I guess a lot more will come shortly - I already saw some paint schemes around, and I confess that, in despite we need a CC dress anyway, I don't want to give up the pleasure to take to the wardrobe and change colours Wink

Anyway, I just tested the rain effect, and it works great. More, I strongly suggest to take the sound package Milton point us at, 'cause its growling is amazing! Mr. Green

Cool

Ah... by the way, I read somewhere at SOH about a supposed project on a G-29 or so... any more details?

Marco

-> FS2004