What Do We Have Here?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: What Do We Have Here? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:15 pm
    ----
Source: www.flickr.com/photos/...181548543/

#2: Re: What Do We Have Here? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:22 pm
    ----
I notice the AMC patch on that photostream, that's mighty familiar. Wink

I wonder if this is an "official" photo album?

Last edited by Doug_Kibbey on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: What Do We Have Here? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:19 am
    ----
I like the guy sticking his head out the top: "when I went to sleep we were still 10 clicks from base..."

#4: Re: What Do We Have Here? Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:44 am
    ----
Hi,

Just a guess, but it looks to me like a Stryker Command Post vehicle in a substantially disassembled state. Battle damage seems likely, because the vehicles are new enough that a service-life overhaul would seem premature.

Another guess would be that this is in the shops in Kuwait, but I can't put my finger on exactly why I think that.

[Edit: Looking at the other pics and the captions, my guess of Kuwait is wrong but close. Qatar is where they are, and that makes a certain amount of sense. Qatar is as close to Afghanistan as Kuwait (more-or-less), and I know that Kuwait is really sensitive about becoming a supply base for US forces in Afghanistan. I suppose a low-profile repair facility in Qatar is a good next choice.]

Chuck

#5: Re: What Do We Have Here? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:16 am
    ----
Isn't that a satcom version?

#6: Re: What Do We Have Here? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:10 pm
    ----
The US Army has a Flickr photo stream too at www.flickr.com/photos/...diacenter/

#7: Re: What Do We Have Here? Author: Burik PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:27 am
    ----
That is the Medevac version. The shape of the rear roof and unique racks on the side are the signs for this version. The rearmost frame partly covered by the guy's baseball cap is a red cross flip sign.

Cool photo. Thanks for posting.

Bob

-> AFV News Discussion Board