Kruse WW2 Victory Museum Photo Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Kruse WW2 Victory Museum Photo Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:48 am
    ----
Hi all –

We’ve posted a GIANT gallery (205 photos) from the Kruse WW2 Victory Museum in Auburn, IN. Tons of fascinating vehicles!!!

afvagabond.smugmug.com...8629_XEAHX

No teasers to tempt this time - too many to choose from!

Enjoy!

#2: Re: Kruse WW2 Victory Museum Photo Gallery Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:39 am
    ----
A truly eclectic mixture!
That Kubelwagen-based "dummy tank" is amazing! Love the stripey camo on that Tatra. The place is a modeller's delight, all that soft skin kit & half-tracked variants, plus a variety of "Rommel's Funnies". I'm amazed that it's all survived.

#3: Re: Kruse WW2 Victory Museum Photo Gallery Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:18 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
A truly eclectic mixture!
That Kubelwagen-based "dummy tank" is amazing! Love the stripey camo on that Tatra. The place is a modeller's delight, all that soft skin kit & half-tracked variants, plus a variety of "Rommel's Funnies". I'm amazed that it's all survived.

There has been discussion about the exhibits before - a fair amount of the collection are replicas.

#4: Re: Kruse WW2 Victory Museum Photo Gallery Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:34 pm
    ----
Very nice pictures Vagabond
About the discussion of being replicas , I read on a German forum that most of the german stuff
is indeed put together with wood and plastic and sheer metal
The carriage from the Maultier is said to be from a Universal Carrier.
But after all a nice collection

#5: Re: Kruse WW2 Victory Museum Photo Gallery Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:40 pm
    ----
I am aware not everything is original (you can spot some replicated parts even from these shots). But I enjoyed the photo gallery anyway. I haven't seen pictures of all the various softskins in just a single place before. I agree the mix of subjects is very fascinating.

Thanks!

Massimo

#6: Re: Kruse WW2 Victory Museum Photo Gallery Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:49 pm
    ----
Nice, those are right up the road from me, I was there right after they opened and its time for a revisit.....Thanks for posting

#7: Re: Kruse WW2 Victory Museum Photo Gallery Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:51 pm
    ----
Certainly convincing replicas/renovations.
I have read that some of the vehicles are from the defunct collection at Arlon.

#8: Re: Kruse WW2 Victory Museum Photo Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:15 pm
    ----
As I referred to on the smugmug gallery post - I understand that many of the vehicles are replicas and while I wish there were 100% accurate examples of each type of vehicle from that period, I'm am glad to have a representation of the vehicle at which to look.

As Jim mentioned, there has been a fair amount of prior discussion as to the authenticity of the collection. Some of those discussions took place on the following thread:

www.com-central.net/in...ght=auburn
most of the discussion starts on page 2 and continues from there.

Thanks for taking the time to visit the galleries!
Cheers!

#9: Re: Kruse WW2 Victory Museum Photo Gallery Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:48 pm
    ----
Vagabond, great photo gallery, thanks for sharing!

- Pzkpfw-e
Certainly convincing replicas/renovations.
I have read that some of the vehicles are from the defunct collection at Arlon.

I have nothing against replicas - they serve a purpose. But I wish they were clearly marked as such. Who will know in a few years or decades from now what is authentic and what is a replica?

And yes, practically all these vehicles come from the Arlon museum.

#10: Re: Kruse WW2 Victory Museum Photo Gallery Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:51 pm
    ----
Thanks much for posting the link to this extensive album.

#11: Re: Kruse WW2 Victory Museum Photo Gallery Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:38 am
    ----
The C2P in now in Adam Rudnicki Collection in Poland.

Vagabond you should mention that in the photo description or remove it from the photo gallery.

#12: Re: Kruse WW2 Victory Museum Photo Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:01 am
    ----
Thanks for the information bialy-r.

I've amended the photo description to read:
Polsky-Fiat C2P - now in the Adam Rudnicki Collection in Poland.

I'm choosing to leave the photos in the gallery as it was displayed there when I visited.

#13: Re: Kruse WW2 Victory Museum Photo Gallery Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:01 pm
    ----
The Tatra with the wicked paint job and fin is definitely on my Christmas wish-list.

I"m thinking small-block Chevy.

-> AFV News Discussion Board