Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH)
-> Artillery Forum

#1: Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:03 am
    ----
I already mentioned this photogallery on the AFV forum. I just started adding pictures of artillery too. The collection only covers material used by the Swiss Army. All pieces are in excellent conditions and most artillery have original aiming devices too.

You can see the whole set here:
www.flickr.com/photos/...323810174/

Or start from the 4.7 cm here:

More will follow soon

Massimo

#2: Re: Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:12 pm
    ----
I added more shots, covering calibers from 90 to 150 mm:

Massimo

#3: Re: Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:14 am
    ----
nice collection they have Mr. Green

#4: Re: Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:30 am
    ----
I think the artillery section is the most interesting part of the collection. The guns are usually in perfect conditions and they carry the original aiming devices. It's a shame they open just a few days a year...

They also have some rare pieces. The 15 cm Schwere Haubitze 1916for example, is the only one I am aware that is visible to the public. VSAM in Thun should have one, but that collection isn't opened yet:

This is a typical Krupp gun, not that much different from the 15 cm sFH 13:

Soon I will add a bunch of shots covering 20 mm guns

Massimo

#5: Re: Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:36 am
    ----
9 cm Pak 50 is another interesting piece. After WW II the Swis Army reused old chassis from 47 mm Bohler guns (there were penty), putting a low pressure 90 mm gun to fire hollow-charge, anti-tank shots:

Massimo

#6: Re: Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:29 pm
    ----
I've added the 20 mm guns too:

Massimo

#7: Re: Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:52 pm
    ----
They have some strange looking design's there ..... Wink

Michel

#8: Re: Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:23 pm
    ----
As far as 2oth artillery, you can see two major trends over there:

1) At the beginning of the century it was Krupp. With 7.5 cm mountain howitzer, 7.5 cm field gun, 12 cm and 15 cm howitzers

2) In the thirties and forties Bofors licensed design for 7.5 cm mountain gun, 10.5 cm field gun and 15.5 cm howitzers

4.7 cm by Bohler and 7.5 cm anti-aircraft by A french design by Schneider were kind of an exception from the Bofors trend

Massimo

-> Artillery Forum