Saumur
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Saumur Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:42 pm
    ----
This year I managed to visit the Museum for a few days, first in April, then back a few days ago. It was cold, but I learned to manage the camera with hand-gloves Smile

The FCM 36 in back on display, it wasn't there last spring. It has a new paintjob too. I have very mixed feelings about the green Rolling Eyes

Massimo

Last edited by Massimo_Foti on Tue May 28, 2013 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Saumur 2010 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:32 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
This year I managed to visit the Museum for a few days, first in April, then back a few days ago. It was cold, but I learned to manage the camera with hand-gloves Smile

The FCM 36 in back on display, it wasn't there last spring. It has a new paintjob too. I have very mixed feelings about the green Rolling Eyes

Massimo

Massimo,;

glad you were able to visit the museum. Sorry for not having been able to visit with you.

- Massimo_Foti
I have very mixed feelings about the green Rolling Eyes

Apparently, the FCM 36 was repainted with accurate colours and markings. Researches proved that these precise colors were used on FCM 36s from the 7ème Bataillon de Chars Légers in 1940. That's what the museum curator said during a public display..

Pierre-Olivier

#3: Re: Saumur 2010 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:07 pm
    ----
I managed to get pictures of 15 different vehicles on AMX-13 chassis Laughing

This chassis in the backyard looks new to me. Any kind of recent prototype from Nexter? Anybody can identify it?

Massimo

#4: Re: Saumur 2010 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:21 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
I managed to get pictures of 15 different vehicles on AMX-13 chassis Laughing

This chassis in the backyard looks new to me. Any kind of recent prototype from Nexter? Anybody can identify it?

Massimo

it is a wooden full-scale model of the VBCI (Véhicule blindé de combat d'infantrie) :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Véhicule_blindé_de_combat_d'infanterie

Pierre-Olivier

#5: Re: Saumur 2010 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:28 pm
    ----
Great, thanks.

I still have something I am not sure. Is this tank in the backyard a T-54?

And the recovery tank behind it, is it another soviet AFV?

And what about the "mule" kind of vehicles in the kid's room? Looks like a kind of M274, but I somewhat different.

Massimo

#6: Re: Saumur 2010 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:32 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Great, thanks.

I still have something I am not sure. Is this tank in the backyard a T-54?

And the recovery tank behind it, is it another soviet AFV?

And what about the "mule" kind of vehicles in the kid's room? Looks like a kind of M274, but I somewhat different.

Massimo

I have that tank listed as a Chinese Type 59 MBT. The recovery tank should be a Type 653A Recovery tank.

For the "mule", I need a photo, because I don't recall having ever seen it before.

Pierre-Olivier

#7: Re: Saumur 2010 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:01 pm
    ----
Here is the "mule", the kids love it Laughing

I still have the final two missing identities. This old ambulance (in the "modern" hall, in front of Centurion and Chieftain):

Then at the very beginning of the visit, just before the FT-17 there is a gun. Its design looks french, but it has spanish markings on the breech:

Massimo

#8: Re: Saumur 2010 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:50 pm
    ----
The open-topped vehicles with the windows behind are usually pretty tricky to shot in Saumur. This time winter's light was helpful:

Massimo

#9: Re: Saumur 2010 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:02 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
I still have the final two missing identities. This old ambulance (in the "modern" hall, in front of Centurion and Chieftain):

I can tell you it is a GMC truck (visible here : http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ambulance_mg_7829.jpg), but which model, I don't know.

Pierre-Olivier

#10: Re: Saumur 2010 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:44 pm
    ----
Good old King Tiger:

Massimo

#11: Re: Saumur 2010 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:46 pm
    ----
Luchs:

Massimo

#12: Re: Saumur 2010 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:19 am
    ----
It will takes months to post-process all the images I have (in RAW format). In the meantime I am publishing a selection on my Flickr account. Please feel free to let me know if you are looking for some specific subjects or even walkarounds for modelling purposes. I've covered well over 200 different artifacts.

Massimo

#13: Re: Saumur 2010 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:58 pm
    ----
The first batch of 150 shots are already online:
www.flickr.com/photos/...726277470/

So far these are french and german WW II subjects. More unusual and diverse subjects will follow.

Massimo

#14: Re: Saumur 2010 Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:09 pm
    ----
I visited Saumur about 20 years ago, there was no were near as much there, all I can remember are a Brumbar, the JpIV with the shattered armour & the shell embedded in it and a PzIV plus a few other bits.

#15: Re: Saumur 2010 Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:11 pm
    ----
The Chinese Type 59 outside, is this the one with serial V9831143?

Regards

-> AFV News Discussion Board