Bargains of the week....
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Bargains of the week.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:12 am
    ----
Hunnicutt "Stuart" from $595.00 - $1,399.94 Shocked

(current Amazon listings)

Uhh..OK. Rolling Eyes

#2: Re: Bargains of the week.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:03 am
    ----
SOMEBODY is on some serious 'CRACK'!!

Thats gotta be BS...!?

#3: Re: Bargains of the week.... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:35 am
    ----
Stuart has been the most difficult volume of the series to find for years. It is the only one I paid over $200 for about 8 years back (It was $265 and I felt very lucky to get it)

#4: Re: Bargains of the week.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:36 am
    ----
I drew the line on "Firepower" at $250, which I just ordered.

BTW, "Halftrack" and "Armored Car" can be had new for about $50 currently.

#5: Re: Bargains of the week.... Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:52 pm
    ----
Well, if you do buy that $1300 book on Amamzon, please use the amazon link on the top pf our page, mimths.org/6615.html so the museum gets the spiff on the sale.... hell, that spiff might pay the water bill!

#6: Re: Bargains of the week.... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:37 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

I was able to pick up Hunnicutt's Patton book for Christmas on e-bay.
Seller was asking $250.00, with 'buy now' or make an offer.
It was missing the cover and had some minor damage so I offer $175.00
and to my surpise, the seller said OK. Add the cost of shipping and I ended up getting it for just under $200.00.

Now I need to find a great deal for Hunnicutt's Abrams book and I will have the full set. Wouldn't mind picked up a second Sherman.
I have just about worn my copy out!

One of many things I enjoy about this DG is it forces me to read my Hunnicutt's and learn from them.

My 2 cents,
Sgt, Scouts out!

#7: Re: Bargains of the week.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:38 am
    ----
- ChrisC
Well, if you do buy that $1300 book on Amamzon, please use the amazon link on the top pf our page, mimths.org/6615.html so the museum gets the spiff on the sale.... hell, that spiff might pay the water bill!

I wrestled with my conscience and decided not to buy. Actually, the laughing lasted considerably longer than the wrestling match. Wink

#8: Re: Bargains of the week.... Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:42 am
    ----
Bummer,
Not to hijack, but if you guys do buy off Amazon, use the link on our site, there is no cost to you, but we get a little commission... I promise it's not a scam, our cheap web hosting service just won't support the proper HTML tag to make the word Amazon into the logo button. We have the same type of link to Schiffer too.
Help out a fellow tread-head museum owner. In these times, every penny helps.

mimths.org/6615.html

-> AFV News Discussion Board