KNEEL BEFORE ME, puny humans!
-> Officer's Club

#1: KNEEL BEFORE ME, puny humans! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:39 am
    ----
...and, if you're a guitar player, prepare to drool.

WARNING:- extreme boasting follows this line, select another post immediately to avoid.

I just switched from being a lowly 'guitar' collector, to being a fully-fledged, 'Gibson Les Paul' collector!
I've put a deposit down on my SECOND.
Only 400 being made, with only a handful coming into the forest.

Latest delivery forecast, March/April.
My fingers are already dribbling and parts of my tail have gone even more cute 'n' twitchy, with anticipation.

Only thing I could find that I don't like about it, is it's one of these new 'hollowed out' Les Paul's.
I like the weight of a Les Paul but the public demanded a reduction so they started drilling out 'sonic' chambers to make it lighter.
Demmed phillistine kids!
*sigh!*

Gibson 2010 Limited Edition Les Paul Standard in 'Fireball' finish.
Has a single P90 at the neck position, a Burstbucker at the bridge, and piezo-accoustic pick-ups in each of the six bridge saddles.
'Robot-tuning' technology and tonal palette.
Mahogany body and neck with a Maple top and ebony fret-board.
"Fireball" burst finish AA figured maple top, with (uniquely) a cherry-burst finish to the back, neck, and sides.

#2: Re: KNEEL BEFORE ME, puny humans! Author: EURO_BoHenry PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:46 am
    ----
nice one mate, still trying to get the hang of my Maton, getting there

Bo

#3: Re: KNEEL BEFORE ME, puny humans! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:56 am
    ----
Which one ya got Bo'?
(I confess, I hadn't heard of 'em before your post)

#4: Re: KNEEL BEFORE ME, puny humans! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:23 pm
    ----
Who's Les Paul? .....

Snickering....and kiddin'...lol

Nice Shades, but where's the 'whammy bar'? (looking for a place to hide)...

#5: Re: KNEEL BEFORE ME, puny humans! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:53 pm
    ----
erm, why spend a lot of dosh on a hefty guitar ?

can you actually play that contraption Razz

#6: Re: KNEEL BEFORE ME, puny humans! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:58 pm
    ----
Hope so, I've owned a Les Paul for the last twenty years.
Don't play anywhere near as much as I used to though.
I used to write on guitar but knackered me left hand, in a bike accident in 2005.
I'm having to learn a different style now but I can't stop playing.

In 1985 my band was managed first by Dave Byron and then Phil Lynott, booked to do a televised tour with Slade, and had offers on the table from Island and Rocket Records.
Byron and Lynott took one too many.., headache pills, Slade split up, and our little house of cards quickly collapsed around us.
Ahhh, them wuz the days.

#7: Re: KNEEL BEFORE ME, puny humans! Author: EURO_TalusLocation: HMP Wandsworth, Wandsworth, SW18 3HS PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:30 am
    ----
That's mucho pesos amigo. Did you knock over a 7/11? Smile

#8: Re: KNEEL BEFORE ME, puny humans! Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:27 am
    ----
Hey Shades, ain't ya worried an itty bitty tree rat like you will drop that beautiful Les Paul

#9: Re: KNEEL BEFORE ME, puny humans! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:22 pm
    ----
Nope.... iss got strap locks.
*snicker*

New job Talus.
Iss my present to meself.
Plus I reckon it's going to increase in value quite quickly.
Then I'll have to decide how much I wanna keep it *sigh*.
The one I bought twenty years ago is worth four times what I paid for it then. That's special, but I reckon this one could out strip it.
I've been checkin' up on 'em and they're being sold quite quickly.
Lot of dealers can't get hold of 'em any more.
The guy I ordered mine from only has two of his allocation (of just five) left to sell.

Bushy,
Gibson never really did a good whammy bar, although some have 'em.
My old Charvel, which I fitted with an ebony 'Jackson' neck, has a Floyd Rose from back in my shredding days.

<--- Headbangiest.

-> Officer's Club