Strykers to Fort Bliss?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Strykers to Fort Bliss? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:47 pm
    ----
I saw an ad where General Dynamics is looking for STRYKER instructors at Fort Bliss. Is the 1st AD getting a Stryker Brigade?

#2: Re: Strykers to Fort Bliss? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:09 pm
    ----
Looks like the 1st BCT is getting them:

fbmonitor.com/2011/01/...-strykers/

www.facebook.com/Ready...8726966865

Neil

#3: Re: Strykers to Fort Bliss? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 pm
    ----
Thanks. I guess these are cheaper than having M1 tanks. I just got to thinking that I've never seen a Stryker painted any color but OD green. Hmmm....

#4: Re: Strykers to Fort Bliss? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:04 am
    ----
Hi Mark! Hi Folks!

The work came out sometime last year that the 1st HBCT, 1st AD would be converting to an Infantry BCT, Later that was followed with a report that the 1st HBCT/IBCT and the 3rd ACR HBCT at Ft. Hood would be getting Strykers.

I ran into a SSG about two weeks ago at the Ft Bliss museum and she told that the first shipment of Strykers have arrived. I have not see any yet, but then I have not been cruising around East Ft. Bliss.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#5: Re: Strykers to Fort Bliss? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:57 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle

I have not see any yet, but then I have not been cruising around East Ft. Bliss.

...and why not ?? Shocked

Come on Roy, we expect better intel.... Cool

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board