2 Renault UE tankettes stored at Kapellen??
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: 2 Renault UE tankettes stored at Kapellen?? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:22 pm
    ----
Hello,

Stefan De Meyer sent me an email today, and said that the Tank Museum in Brussels owns two more Renault UE tankettes that are stored at Kapellen. This would make 4 Renault UE for the Tank Museum (with the 2 displayed at Brussels).

One of these two was discovered in the 80s in a crane company (SAERENS), and the other one was found in the sand of a military exercise camp at Stockem (Arlon). The last one has Schürzen and fittings for Würfrahmen rockets.

Who could confirm this and provide some photos?

Pierre-Olivier

#2: Re: 2 Renault UE tankettes stored at Kapellen?? Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:09 pm
    ----
The company's actually called Sarens.
www.sarens.com/default...id=1&mnu=1
Someone (French or Flemish speaker?) drop them a line?

#3: Re: 2 Renault UE tankettes stored at Kapellen?? Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:12 pm
    ----
Hi all

I will go after this, but I can't contact them until monday (CISM contest today and tomorrow).

Michel

BTW at least one of the UE from brussel has moved to Bastogne see: com-central.net/index....e&start=15

#4: Re: 2 Renault UE tankettes stored at Kapellen?? Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:04 pm
    ----
I have been checking my photo's from the Kapellen Depot visit in 2007 and they are not among the picture's

So they where not there or not visible for public

Michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board