Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:26 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
The Netherlands has tested it, but now the testvehicle is preserved at the Engineer School at Reek. Aardvarks are not in use in the Netherlands

regards,
Lesley

I thought the Aardvark was part of the Armymuseum because it is listed in their inventory
www.collectie.legermus...eek&q=
According the same info this vehicle would belong to the 111 Pantsergeniecompagnie

Sort of lend-lease system to the Engineering School at Reek Confused
Or do we have 2 Aardvarks ......

Michel

#17: Re: Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:11 pm
    ----
Then the army museum had a nice job in restoring the flail.. It was displayed with the chains of the flail all welded together so it looked like it was rotating.

OTOH I'am not surprised if there indeed two.. It was/is located at grid N51 43.766 E005 42.465.

Regards,
Lesley

#18: Re: Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:02 pm
    ----
A french AMX-13:

Massimo

#19: Re: Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:03 pm
    ----
Ferret:

Massimo

#20: Re: Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:05 pm
    ----
We already discussed this:
www.com-central.net/in...t=mercedes

I am adding it to this thread to keep it under the same location:

Massimo

#21: Re: Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:10 pm
    ----
Something different, I guess pretty unusual for peope outside Italy. A FIAT AR-59 4x4:

Massimo

#22: Re: Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:13 pm
    ----
FV-432. This is most likely a Desert Storm veteran, but it's labeled as WW II, 8th Army, vehicle Laughing

Massimo

#23: Re: Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:24 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Something different, I guess pretty unusual for peope outside Italy. A FIAT AR-59 4x4:

Massimo

Hi,

Is that a long-range patrol vehicle? I've never seen one with drop tanks, but I suppose that it works for airplanes... Shocked

Or maybe a prototype missile launcher? I think the missiles might need a bit of development, though. Rocket motors would really increase their range. Razz

More mundane, perhaps...a prototype water carrier? Wink

Chuck

#24: Re: Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:23 am
    ----
Another unusual vehicle. It's a Guzzi 3x3, the cover, of course, was added only for display:

Massimo

#25: Re: Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:24 am
    ----
Should we count it as an half-track? Smile

Massimo

#26: Re: Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:54 pm
    ----
The AMX and the FV both look a little light in the loafers. I'm guessing both are without engines. (even considering the incline the AMX is resting on).

#27: Re: Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:48 pm
    ----
The first picture appears to be a diesel engine. No spark plug wires. Maybe an AVDS-1790-2 series. A=Air cooled, V=V shaped cylinder configuration, D=Diesel, S=Superturbocharged. 1,790 Cubic Inch displacement.

#28: Re: Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:15 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
I think it is (or was Wink ) a Continental AV-1790-5B Air Cooled V12 powerpack of a M47 tank
At the enclosed photo you see a complete powerpack consisting of the enigne (your 1st photo) and the transmission (your sencond photo)

I'm only 100% sure about the Continental AV-1790 part
There are a lot of different type's of this engine used in all sorts of AFV's around the world

Other options are Continental AVDS-1790 or Continental AVSI-1790, they a look similar

Michel

Nice multi-views of the Conti engine here:

www.williammaloney.com.../index.htm

#29: Re: Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:06 pm
    ----
They have many cool motobikes indoor. Here is an Harley:

Massimo

#30: Re: Castelletto Sopra Ticino. Museo Gottard Park Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:55 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
They have many cool motobikes indoor. Here is an Harley:

Massimo

Massimo,
That's an H-D WLA "45" (cubic inch) flathead. Here's "Papa mia" kick starting one to life in Foggia, 1945.

-> AFV News Discussion Board