Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland)
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland) Author: earlymb PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:10 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
I'm planning to hire a car Friday lunchtime, probably at Schiphol, and return it early Saturday afternoon.

That is good, it is a bit of a hassle to reach Overloon by public transport. Michel is right about the roadworks though.

- Michel_Krauss
Concerning the list, I don't think they wil be using the T34
They are using this to test the vehicle driving track, check corners etc.

Yes they will, the organiser told me. They have tried to get some more German tanks but that didn't work out this time for various reasons. I think they mainly want to use it to give rides to paying customers and make some money to cope with the staggering costs of organising this event.

Greetz Wink

David

#17: Re: Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:31 pm
    ----
- zundappuk
Well if you are going, come and say hello, I will be the big guy with the Steyr 1500 in camo and the markings of the s.Pz.Jag.Abt.512.

David

I might struggle to recognise a Steyr 1500 - what's the registration I should look out for?

#18: Re: Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland) Author: earlymb PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:11 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
I might struggle to recognise a Steyr 1500 - what's the registration I should look out for?

This is a Steyr 1500A Mannschaftwagen:

I think there will also be a truck version present.

Only 5 days left!! Smile

Greetz Wink

David

#19: Re: Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:44 pm
    ----
someone please correct me if I'm wrong:

present at saturday
- Trevor
- David (with a Steyr)
- Tim (likely)
- Walter

present at Sunday
- David (with a Steyr)
- Walter
- me

I think it will be a busy day

Michel

#20: Re: Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland) Author: Manu-MilitaryLocation: Right in the heart of the Chambois pocket PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:51 pm
    ----
Though we're French, my brother lives in Weert, about 70 km south and I'm visiting him this week-end so I strongly intend to have a trip to Overloon (for the 5th times!). I'll take some pictures of the vehicles for sure.

#21: Re: Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:19 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
someone please correct me if I'm wrong:

present at saturday
- Trevor
- David (with a Steyr)
- Tim (likely)
- Walter

Sounds right - I've been in Ijmuiden (near Amsterdam) since Sunday but have not had internet access long. My plan remains to visit Amersfoort on Friday afternoon and Overloon on Saturday morning. I fly back Saturday afternoon from Amsterdam so will have to be heading back from Overloon about noon - so it will be a very brief visit for me.

#22: Re: Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland) Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:10 am
    ----
Hi all, yes I'm definitely coming on the Saturday so it will be nice to try and meet you all for real!

Tim,

#23: Re: Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland) Author: zundappukLocation: Behind the Westwall, really! PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:05 pm
    ----
Remember that the organisers may try to keep paying public away from the arena vehicles unless they are paying for rides!

Would be nice to say hello, so apart from being with the Steyr Mannschaftswagen, I am 6'5" (1.97m) tall and built like the proverbial small brick building......... That way you may recognise me and catch my attention!

Best

David

#24: Re: Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:55 pm
    ----
Will look out for you!

#25: Re: Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland) Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:48 pm
    ----
I was there today also
Saw the unloading of some of the vehicles and the test drives
The grey 8-tonner is not comming .Transmissions problems
Saw the Hetzer and the T-34 driving
I will post some pics

Walter

#26: Re: Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland) Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:56 pm
    ----

#27: Re: Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:17 pm
    ----
I'm back home in England now (rather tired!). Yesterday I had a very successful trip, hiring a car at Amsterdam and heading towards Overloon, visiting Amersfoort, Ede, Schaarsbergen, Oosterbeek, Groesbeek and Mill. I also had a good time this morning at Overloon, but unfortunately it was very rushed as I had to get back to the airport. I had the pleasure of meeting Tim Royall (thanks for the hospitality!, say hi to Thomas) and Hanno Spoelstra in the last 24 hours. However I didn't have time to see anything of Militracks nor meet up with anyone else (sorry David!).

In those 24 hours I took 800 pictures (some 24Gb on my new camera) so it'll take me a bit of time to sort them and get them online. The new camera and 'camera pole' worked very well, though, so overall it was a very successful trip.

#28: Re: Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland) Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:08 pm
    ----

The Steyr 1500 of a certain forum member

Allthough no AFV ,this is a very beautifull Einheitsdiesel

#29: Re: Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:20 pm
    ----
Made a visit today and had good fun.

Met some old friends of the modelling society

An old friend of the forum: Walter
And also met a new one from the forum: Mr David

And also made a bunch of picture's, including the following

Schwimmwagen

Wanderer part of the AUTOUNION group

Some one an idea where to find information about Whermacht Wanderer ?

Michel

edit: fixed the link to the Wanderer

Last edited by Michel_Krauss on Mon May 23, 2011 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

#30: Re: Militracks show, May 14 & 15, 2011 (Overloon, Holland) Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:08 pm
    ----
The only info I know is
fahrzeuge-der-wehrmach..._W23S.html

-> AFV News Discussion Board