Maple Leaf Up Forum moves to .net domain
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Maple Leaf Up Forum moves to .net domain Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:20 pm
    ----
All MLU forums are now closed down pending the move to the new URL:

www.mapleleafup.net/forums

We plan to move MLU over Thursday night, on Friday the move should be completed. Please pass the new URL on to all concerned.

Thanks!
Hanno

#2: Re: Maple Leaf Up Forum moves to .net domain Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:24 pm
    ----
Regrettable, the reasons behind this, but fully understandable in view of recent events. Please post a notice here when it's up and running here and I'll be sure it stays at top for a while.

I don't see anything about this over at T-N. Have you posted anything or told Andrew? If you like, I'll he happy to do it.

D.

#3: Re: Maple Leaf Up Forum moves to .net domain Author: chrisballance PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:21 pm
    ----
Thanks for the news regarding MLU! Do you happen to know if the Ram Tank site will also come back online on a new server?

Regards,

Chris.

#4: Re: Maple Leaf Up Forum moves to .net domain Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:23 pm
    ----
The move of the Maple Leaf Up Forum and website to a new server and domain is now completed. Therefore, as of 11 March 2011, mapleleafup.org has ceased to operate, but Maple Leaf Up is alive as ever on www.mapleleafup.net

Doug, could you please post a notice on tanknet? Thanks!

Hanno
on behalf of the MLU Admin Team

#5: Re: Maple Leaf Up Forum moves to .net domain Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:24 pm
    ----
- chrisballance
Do you happen to know if the Ram Tank site will also come back online on a new server?

Chris, not sure about ramtank.ca. It was hosted by Geoff, but maybe the owner of the site, Clive Law, has chosen to host it somewhere else.

H.

#6: Re: Maple Leaf Up Forum moves to .net domain Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:50 pm
    ----
Hanno,

Done. BTW, take care not to include the exclamation mark on the website URL as that leads to a dead link. I fixed it in your post above and made the adjustment on the Tank-Net AFV forum version.

Doug

#7: Re: Maple Leaf Up Forum moves to .net domain Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:24 pm
    ----
- chrisballance
Thanks for the news regarding MLU! Do you happen to know if the Ram Tank site will also come back online on a new server?

Regards,

Chris.

I'm finding it here...did it move?

www.ramtank.ca/

#8: Re: Maple Leaf Up Forum moves to .net domain Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:05 pm
    ----
That ramtank.ca link's not working for me.

#9: Re: Maple Leaf Up Forum moves to .net domain Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:14 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
That ramtank.ca link's not working for me.

That's odd. I cleared all cookies and find it repeatedly via Google and can access every page. No idea why.

#10: Re: Maple Leaf Up Forum moves to .net domain Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:12 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
That's odd. I cleared all cookies and find it repeatedly via Google and can access every page. No idea why.

mapleleafup.org had the same kind of problems, it was one of the reasons we moved the site. ramtank.ca's owner is working in a transfer, too, so stay tuned.

#11: Re: Maple Leaf Up Forum moves to .net domain Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:43 pm
    ----
I can confirm it's still not working for me - either direct, or via Google.

#12: Re: Maple Leaf Up Forum moves to .net domain Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:32 pm
    ----
- Hanno_Spoelstra
- Doug_Kibbey

mapleleafup.org had the same kind of problems, it was one of the reasons we moved the site. ramtank.ca's owner is working in a transfer, too, so stay tuned.

Hanno,

T-N had some of the same issues after their recent domain change as well. something to do with updating the hosts records, if I understood correctly.

Please feel free to keep us updated here as you see fit. I'll pass it on to the T-N community as well.

Doug

-> AFV News Discussion Board