Bovington
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 48, 49, 50  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:28 am
    ----
I love those interwar vehicles, many of them have unique design or features. Bovington has a great collection of interwar AFVs, and Light Tank Mk IIA is one of my favourites:

Massimo

#32: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:29 am
    ----
Leyland Armoured Car

Massimo

#33: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:30 am
    ----
- bialy-r
We are waiting for your photos to be published on Flickr:)

The first batch is already online. More will follow within the next few weeks:
www.flickr.com/photos/...270470716/

Massimo

#34: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:33 am
    ----
- C_Sherman
Looking at the variety of the WWI tanks, I find myself wishing that Dragon or Trumpeter would take a shot at kitting one or two of them. I can't help thinking how cool a model of any of these would look on a (my) shelf.

Emhar Models did some english WW I tanks in 1/35, then a polish firm (RPM?) made an FT-17 and the old A7V from Tauro is still around. None of these are state of the art kits, so I agree, it would be cool to have something from the top brands

Massimo

#35: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:32 am
    ----
Another Independent shot, since I really like it a lot Smile

Massimo

#36: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:02 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
- C_Sherman
Looking at the variety of the WWI tanks, I find myself wishing that Dragon or Trumpeter would take a shot at kitting one or two of them. I can't help thinking how cool a model of any of these would look on a (my) shelf.

Emhar Models did some english WW I tanks in 1/35, then a polish firm (RPM?) made an FT-17 and the old A7V from Tauro is still around. None of these are state of the art kits, so I agree, it would be cool to have something from the top brands

Massimo

Uhhhhh...yeah. I know of those kits, like you 'know about' that girl in high school. Shocked None of those kits reputation rises to "not state of the art", although at least one descends to 'really sucks'. Again, like the girl in high school... Confused Smile

Stretching the comparison...I'm not desperate enough to try that yet.

Chuck

#37: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:09 pm
    ----
I know what you mean, back in the days I've build an A7V from Tauro...
I happen to have a 1/35 resin FT-17 from NKC (I think the company closed many years ago). It's resin, but it looks much better than RPM's plastic kit Smile

Massimo

#38: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:03 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
This is the current status of FT-17:

BTW I wanted to read the s/n, especially since should be a very early one. But it wasn't possible Crying or Very sad

Massimo

#39: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:07 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
- Massimo_Foti
This is the current status of FT-17:

BTW I wanted to read the s/n, especially since should be a very early one. But it wasn't possible Crying or Very sad

Massimo

I guess that the SN and plate were on the side that was dismounted in order to reproduce it, right?

P-O

#40: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:48 am
    ----
- the_shadock
I guess that the SN and plate were on the side that was dismounted in order to reproduce it, right?

Yes.

Massimo

#41: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:29 am
    ----
Rolls Royce Mk I armoured car (runner)

Massimo

#42: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:31 am
    ----
Vickers Medium Mk II (runner)

Massimo

#43: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:32 am
    ----
Vickers D3E1 Wheel Track Tank

Massimo

#44: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:32 am
    ----
Vickers L1E3 Amphibious Tank

Massimo

#45: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:33 am
    ----
Vickers 6-Ton Tank Type B

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board