Our plans and trips to military museums
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:36 pm
    ----
I suggest to the moderators the creation of a sticky topic on which we can:

- shear our plans for next trips to military museum
- shear informations about the places where we had been

#2: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:57 pm
    ----
Just start one and it will be bumped to top each time someone has an update prior to/following a trip. A lot of that sort of thing seems to find it's way into existing threads now, such as the registries.

#3: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:26 pm
    ----
I think such topic is very interesting and could help us exchange informations and photos.

Fox example:

In my case I plan in summer to visit once again the Aviation Museum in Kraków (Poland) It have a new main building and many new planes.

If the time of visit will be near I will inform about it, if someone would like to get some photos of the collection.

#4: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:41 pm
    ----
Is the Kraków museum, the one with the WW1 plane fuselages in it?

#5: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:45 pm
    ----
It have a big collection of WWI planes and more:

Photo gallery from 2005
picasaweb.google.com/m...Polskiego#

#6: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:39 am
    ----
I have Munster's Panzermuseum on my radar. How many vehicles are on display over there?
Is it the same size of Saumur/Bovington or smaller?
Even better, do we have a list of AFVs on display? It shouldn't be 100% accurate, I just need something to get an idea an hestimate the amount of time I would like to spend there

Massimo

#7: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:03 am
    ----
Hi Massimo

I've been to Munster last year, but I can't compare to Bovington or Saumur (haven't had a chance to visit them). I will compile a list of vehicles by this evening.

Michel

#8: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:18 am
    ----
Thanks a lot Michel, I really appreciate it.

Massimo

#9: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:33 pm
    ----
I am thinking of Kubinka, but the fee is 130 Euro to get in??

#10: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:39 pm
    ----
Kubinka is still in my dreams, but the logistics is more complicated. On top of that looks like it's very hard to take good pictures over there. So I'll wait until my camera equipment and skills will move to next step before even start thinking of Kubinka. I just don't want to ruin a rare opportunity.

Massimo

#11: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:29 pm
    ----
Hello,

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:45 pm
    ----
sorry i read that wrong, i was thinking one central location for pics.....

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

#13: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:07 pm
    ----
The idea was to use this space to share where we plan/would like to go and related info. I guess Rafal's intentions wasn't to share pictures, just information

Massimo

#14: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:28 pm
    ----
com-central forum isn't the best place to publish photos from museums for that I think other websites are better: flickr, picasaweb and others.

This forum is excellent to exchange information and photos of particular vehicles which interested the members of the forum.

We can also publish the links to places where we publish our photos:

Some of my photos which are on picasaweb:

Muzejska Zbirka Naoružanja Domovinskog Rata - Turanj (Croatia)
picasaweb.google.com/m...edwebsite#

Militärhistorisches Museum der Bundeswher - Dresden (Germany)

Museo Carristi - Rome (Italy)

Museum Kalemegdan - Belgrade (Serbia)

Slovak National Uprising Museum - Banska Bystrica (Slovakia)

Flygvapenmuseum - Malmen (Sweden)

#15: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:46 pm
    ----
Here are my Munster Pics from 2007
www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=XNXVQS78

And the Canadian Allied Forces Museum in Groningen
www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=DNZUHPWY

Walter

-> AFV News Discussion Board