Our plans and trips to military museums
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19, 20, 21  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#151: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:38 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
As it happens Walter has sent me some early Overloon photos (1974) which I've just added

Walter, did you took that picture by yourself?

Massimo

#152: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:55 pm
    ----
No I was too young back then
It was in the family book

#153: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:05 pm
    ----
In fact I was wondering since how long you have been tank spotting Smile

Massimo

#154: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:53 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Usually I have 2 cameras, sometimes 3 Laughing

I just broke my wallet and got a new camera. I'll try to get familiar with it within the next few weeks. Still, I am sure I will not feel 100% comfortable with it in such a small amount of time. That means I'll carry the old one as a back-up Laughing
All in all, two big reflex beasts and a compact camera (for "pole" shots). The real challenge would be to fit everything inside a backpack, without breaking EasyJet's restrictions on hand-baggage Shocked

Massimo

#155: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:51 pm
    ----
At the beginning of the year my main goal was to visit Munster. Things went in a different direction and, after Amsterdam in early July, I will be in Prague in August. I've been there many years ago, I love the city (just as I love Vienna and Munich). I plan to spend at least two days in Lesany and visit Kbely too. I have a few questions here:

- Do we have a list of vehicles from Lesany?

- Is any Czech friend willing to meet over there?

- Is there any vehicles inside Žižkov Museum?

- Any special request for pictures?

Massimo

#156: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:38 pm
    ----
I haven't yet put together a list for Lesany, but in putting together the list for Jordan (which exchanged vehicles with Lesany) Adamicz, on this forum, pointed me at his Flickr album:

www.flickr.com/photos/...798660411/

#157: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:43 pm
    ----
The collection over there is much, much bigger. But the pictures are nice, thanks.

Massimo

#158: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: PatrikLocation: Czech republic PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:26 pm
    ----
When you're in Lešany. What day.

#159: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:13 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
I haven't yet put together a list for Lesany, but in putting together the list for Jordan (which exchanged vehicles with Lesany) Adamicz, on this forum, pointed me at his Flickr album:

www.flickr.com/photos/...798660411/

As Massimo said, the collection is much bigger than what I've posted on my flickr page. Yet I have a picture of pretty much all the vehicles displayed indoor last year.

I've posted some more on this forum: www.weaponsofwwii.com/...p;start=30

and complete gallery has been posted once on militaryphotos forums, unfortunately it has disappeared after server crash on MP.net.

I've also made this rough list of vehicles for Lesany Museum wiki page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...e%C5%A1any

but not all the vehicles mentioned are actually displayed, as some of them were moved to, or still are in depository... like M4A3 Sherman for example. And that reminds me, Massimo, if you're going to visit Lesany in late August, you may not find some of the vehicles as they might be just checked right before their appearance in the forthcoming 10th Tank Day. At least that's my experience from the last August Smile

- Massimo_Foti

Beside the T-34/85 in front of the museum, no. Well, not at the moment as on 22nd July, the Praga LTP/Tanque 39 should be shipped from Peru to Europe and them moved to Prague Museum in Žizkov where it will be displayed for some time and then moved to Lesany Museum for restoration.

#160: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:46 pm
    ----
- Patrik
When you're in Lešany. What day.

I have 14th, 15th and 16th August available. I was thinking about spending two of these days in Lešany, one in Kbely.

Massimo

#161: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:57 pm
    ----
- Adamicz

I've posted some more on this forum: www.weaponsofwwii.com/...p;start=30
and complete gallery has been posted once on militaryphotos forums, unfortunately it has disappeared after server crash on MP.net.

I've also made this rough list of vehicles for Lesany Museum wiki page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...e%C5%A1any

Great, thanks! I can see how the general display layout hasn't changed that much compared to 14 years ago. And the mythical pink IS-2 is still there Laughing
The list on Wikipedia is especially helpful for me.

- Adamicz

- Massimo_Foti

Beside the T-34/85 in front of the museum, no. Well, not at the moment as on 22nd July, the Praga LTP/Tanque 39 should be shipped from Peru to Europe and them moved to Prague Museum in Žizkov where it will be displayed for some time and then moved to Lesany Museum for restoration.

Maybe I will be lucky and catch the Tanque 39 before restoration...

Thanks again

Massimo

#162: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:18 am
    ----
Hi Massimo
This is the list that I have for Lasany:
2K6 Luna
2P24 (SA-4 GANEF)
2S3 Akatsiya
2S4 Tulpan
2S7 Pion
9A33BM2 (SA-8 GECKO)
9K35 (SA-13)
9K35 (SA-13)
9P133
9P148 Konkurs
9P19
BA-64
BMP-1
BMP-1
BMP-1
BMP-1
BMP-2
BMP-2
BpzV
BRDM-1
BRDM-2
BRDM-2
BTR-50 PK
BTR-60 P
Centurion Mk 9
Chieftain
Cruiser Mk VIII Cromwell
Dana
Ferret
G-13 Hetzer
Humber Scout Car Mk.I
IS-2
IS-2M
IS-3
ISU-152
JgPz 38(t) Hetzer
JT-34
Leopard 1V
M16 Half-Track GMC
M36 Jackson
M36 Jackson
M3A1 Scout Car
M47 Patton
M48A5
M4A1(76) Sherman
M4A3E4 Sherman
M60
Merkava I
MT-55 AVLB
MU-90
OT-62
OT-62
OT-64 SKOT R-2
OT-65
OT-810
OT-810
OT-810
OT-90
Pram 85
PT-76
PTS-10
PzKpfw 38(t) Ausf. A
PzKpfw IV Ausf J
Saracen
Sd.Kfz. 251 Ausf D
Skoda MU-4
SU-100M
SU-76M
T-34/76
T-34/76
T-34/85
T-34/85
T-34/85
T-54A
T-55
T-55
T-72
T-72
T-72M
UOS-155
VT-34
VT-55A
VT-55A
VT-90
VZ 53/59
VZ 53/59
Windsor carrier
ZSU-57-2

As always, probably not complete (almost sure) Wink
Michel

#163: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:17 pm
    ----
Thanks Michel, most likely it's not 100% complete (softskins are missing), but looks pretty close.
It's more than enough for my needs anyway. I just need an idea to define my priorities and plan the visit.

Thanks again

Massimo

#164: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:05 pm
    ----
Well Massimo made the trip to the Netherlands for the Overloon musuem
Walter picked him up at the train station and I joined at Overloon.

Results
- the weather was rather nice
- Massimo didin't take as much photos as he expected;
- however he had more fun taking the photo's he has now
- He didn't use all the camera's he took along (he used only 2 out of 3 .. or did he bring 4 );
- His camera on a pole system works very well

- Walter didn't take any photo's, however some how managed to get a lot of photo's
- he was good company

- I learned a lot about operating my camera Mr. Green
- I took more photo's then expected
- I need to get a remote control for my compact camera, the pole is allready there

To be short:
We had a very good and enjoyful day

Michel

#165: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:04 pm
    ----
Massimo,

I'm currently seriously thinking about the planned trip to Italy. Would you be able to join for a visit of the musuems next to Rome during the first week or week-end of September? (i.e. between September 1st and September 9)?

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board