Our plans and trips to military museums
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#241: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:19 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
I'll go to England too.. when do you go there Walter?

P-O

Hi P-O
When I have not spend all my money on the germany trip ,I will be a couple of days at the War & peace show

Walter

#242: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:49 pm
    ----
well, I am planning a tour in late June, 2014 (Bovington + Tankfest, Cobbaton, REME Museum Arborfield, D-DAY Museum Portsmouth, Duxford, Cadmans collection, Slapton Sands). Hope to achieve it in 5 days..

P-O

#243: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:07 pm
    ----
Oh cool you will be visiting the Cadman's
I could use some pics from there

Walter

#244: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:11 pm
    ----
not 100% sure, Rod Cadman told me that he works abroad and he doesn't know if he will be at home in late June. I have to contact him again a bit later. But visiting the collection is a main goal of this tankspotting tour.

P-O

#245: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:22 pm
    ----
Just booked the plane tickets. Arsenalen is going to be my main AFV destination this summer.

Massimo

#246: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Landsverk PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:02 am
    ----
Massimo - good choice - Arsenalen is a great Museum.

Not enormously big, but very nice display of the vehicles. If you send an email to the Museum, the Director might like to meet you when you turn up. He is a big fan of AFV's and has been doing a great job for many years in order to save as many unice vehicles as possible, even if not all of them is on display in the museum. The plans for the future is to expand in order to move vehicles from the storage area to store them close to the museum.

#247: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:48 am
    ----
Well, I am not going just for Arsenalen, I will visit Stockholm as well and I am sure my family will enjoy that too.

I was planning to contact the Museum, I saw the Director posting here a few times and the impression I've got match what you say about him.

Massimo

#248: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:33 am
    ----
I look forward to seeing your photos on flickr, Massimo. Glad also to hear that the Arsenalen Museum Director is an AFV fan. Rick

#249: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:16 am
    ----
Looks like on July 19 some forum members will visit Full's Museum in Switzerland. Wonder if somebody else would like to join.

Massimo

#250: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: zemsiLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:07 pm
    ----
... I'll be at the War & Peace Show that weekend.

cu
Chris

#251: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:43 pm
    ----
I'll be in London for a week in October. I am still working on my schedule, so far I would like to visit:

- Firepower, Royal Artillery Museum
I want to fully cover this museum before they shut it down (most likely I'll spend 2 days)

- IWM London
I never been there (1 day)

- RAF Museum Hendon
I was there many years ago, with a film camera, time to go back (1 day, maybe more)

- IWM Duxford
I plan to only spend one day here, mostly to get a feeling of how much time it would take to fully cover this. I think in the future I will be back for a longer period and only focus on this place (1 day)

- Bovington
I may consider a one day visit here too, just not sure yet

The first 3 places are easy to reach from London, I have been to Bovington and know how to get there too. Talking about Duxford, is it too crazy to get a taxi from Cambridge's train station? I mean, I am reaching an age where I am willing to spend a few bucks and travel with full comfort, especially because I carry heavy camera equipment on a backpack.

BTW I would be more than happy to meet any forum member during my visits, or just join for a beer during the evening

Massimo

#252: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:58 pm
    ----
I hope to make it to the "Tank Farm" in Nokesville, VA on Oct. 4 or 5. Anyone else planning on going there?

#253: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:06 pm
    ----
Massimo,

very nice program. Would have been nice to visit Cobbaton and Muckleburgh too, but I'm sure you will come back with a heavy load of nice photos anyway..

- Massimo_Foti
- IWM Duxford
I plan to only spend one day here, mostly to get a feeling of how much time it would take to fully cover this. I think in the future I will be back for a longer period and only focus on this place (1 day)

I only spent 3 hours there, 2 hours only in the Land Warfare hall and 1 hour for 2 airplanes hangars. Would be worth staying 2 days there at least..

P-O

#254: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:07 pm
    ----
I will go next month to the navy base in Kiel
There is the german anti aircraft collection located
This includes also the Wirbelwind

And also in October I will be in Dresden in the Milltary Museum
The Museum itself is not interesting ,but they will open their vehicle depot on that day

Walter

#255: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:02 pm
    ----
- Walter
And also in October I will be in Dresden in the Milltary Museum
The Museum itself is not interesting ,but they will open their vehicle depot on that day

I'm curious to know if you could access their Lima M4A1..

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board