V-100 in Pahrump, Nevada
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: V-100 in Pahrump, Nevada Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:06 pm
    ----
Sitting behind the Nye County Sheriff office.

#2: Re: V-100 in Pahrump, Nevada Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:14 pm
    ----
That would be a M706, there is a difference between the two.

#3: Re: V-100 in Pahrump, Nevada Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:39 pm
    ----
- tanker2010
That would be a M706, there is a difference between the two.

If you have time can you point out the difference? Thanks.

#4: Re: V-100 in Pahrump, Nevada Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:57 pm
    ----
Wonder if the "Pahrump Irregulars" had any of these. NTC vets know what I speak of! Razz

#5: Re: V-100 in Pahrump, Nevada Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:19 pm
    ----
- Tanklord
Wonder if the "Pahrump Irregulars" had any of these. NTC vets know what I speak of! Razz

That would certainly give a different spin to the old 'roach coach' concept... Shocked

I have a mental image of one of these in pink, pulling up to a FOB gate at the NTC. Talk about MWR!

Chuck

#6: Re: V-100 in Pahrump, Nevada Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:18 pm
    ----
Chuck

Now don't start that 'PINK TANK' discussion or else this will spin into T34's & Vietnamese Panthers.....

oppps, I mentioned it, forget I mentioned that.

(slowly waving my hand in front of the monitor)
THIS IS NOT THE PINK TANK YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.....

Regards
Don

#7: Re: V-100 in Pahrump, Nevada Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:28 pm
    ----
Just a WILD guess but this may have come from the Nevada Test Site. Security was pretty tight back when they were testing nuclar weapons. The Dept of Energy has no law enforcement branch so the law enforcement there was, and still is, provided by Nye County. Maybe I should check this vehicle with a Geiger counter!

#8: Re: V-100 in Pahrump, Nevada Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:51 pm
    ----
If you have time can you point out the difference?

The V-100 has an additional view port and firing port on each side. Also the driver's hatches on a V-100 are flat plate.

#9: Re: V-100 in Pahrump, Nevada Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:48 am
    ----
Mark,
Can you give the link for this one too?

Thanks!

Neil

#10: Re: V-100 in Pahrump, Nevada Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:37 am
    ----
Neil, This was my photo. Should be a couple more at www.flickr.com/search/...05&q=xm706

-> AFV News Discussion Board