Coelian turret
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Coelian turret Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:17 pm
    ----
Never knew it made it past wooden mock-up.
Edit- photo removed due to owner's request.

Last edited by Pzkpfw-e on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Coelian turret Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:35 pm
    ----
Looks more like a Kugelblitz turret to me

Massimo

#3: Re: Coelian turret Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:46 pm
    ----
Ah yes, I see what you mean now, the bit with the barrel sleaves, fits inside the ring!
I was wandering how the guns elevated.

#4: Re: Coelian turret Author: JohnPrigentLocation: Sussex, UK PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:44 am
    ----
These are Kugelblitz and Schmalturm photos. A friend and I own what were sold to us as the original prints. What are they doing online?

Cheers

John

#5: Re: Coelian turret Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:54 pm
    ----
Found them on this thread www.armchairgeneral.co...hp?t=71955
I'll remove them from this thread.

#6: Re: Coelian turret Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:20 pm
    ----
- JohnPrigent
These are Kugelblitz and Schmalturm photos. A friend and I own what were sold to us as the original prints. What are they doing online?

Cheers

John

I would not be surprised if they were originally "harvested" when and if they were posted "for sale". IME, certain sites like MilitaryPhotos and Armchairgeneral have rather "casual" attitudes toward stuff like that*. Typically, if (and only if) a complaint is lodged they will remove the link. I notice that seems to have been posted by a Moderator or Admin over there.

*Make of that what you will.

#7: Re: Coelian turret Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:38 pm
    ----
- JohnPrigent

Cheers

John

These photographs appeared in a series of tarted up versions of British Army Intelligence reports in the period1947-9 and were consequently reproduced in a slightly cropped form in an US Army version in the late 40s/early 50s.

These photographs are copied from the US Army version.

The watermarks for the AGFA paper is wrong for the period as well and that should have been checked before purchase - there are plenty of references on the internet.

Unfortunately fake photos is a booming industry on the internet..

-> AFV News Discussion Board