CloneZilla- A free Hard Drive Image tool!
-> Software

#1: CloneZilla- A free Hard Drive Image tool! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:50 pm
    ----
Making an image of your current HD can be a daunting task and especially if you've never done it before. While there are tools (software) on the market to do just that, the documentation can be obfuscated by technical terms not to mention the cost of some software.

Here comes CloneZilla, which by the way is FREE...

I personally use this and boot it from a USB drive... Wink

Here's a good tutorial on using CloneZilla from TechRepublic and writer Jack Wallen...

- Tech Republic
Takeaway: Clonezilla makes disaster recovery possible, even for shops with little to no budget for such a process. Jack Wallen walks you through the steps of how to use Clonezilla for imaging drives.

Click HERE for the WHOLE ARTICLE and TUTORIAL

#2: Re: CloneZilla- A free Hard Drive Image tool! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:26 pm
    ----
Thankx Jerry,

wich version do we want ?

there are more listed as one can throw a stick at Razz

#3: Re: CloneZilla- A free Hard Drive Image tool! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:58 am
    ----
Hi Fled! I would go for the latest stable version... Wink

#4: Re: CloneZilla- A free Hard Drive Image tool! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:58 pm
    ----
Thank you very much. My group is doing some....interesting things with an idea I had with Norton Ghost and it's looking quite promising, this may open up some additional possibilities. We being of the "DIY nature" they mention.... Wink

#5: Re: CloneZilla- A free Hard Drive Image tool! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:39 am
    ----
I've used Ghost in the past and had great luck with it. Since my primary OS is Linux Mint (Debian), I was looking for something more versatile that could handle some additional file systems that Linux and Mac uses. CloneZilla can do that... Wink

#6: Re: CloneZilla- A free Hard Drive Image tool! Author: EURO_EXOWill PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:32 pm
    ----
Thanks Bush...free software is rare nowadays Smile

#7: Re: CloneZilla- A free Hard Drive Image tool! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:51 am
    ----
There's a new version of this great software out and yep, it's still FREE!! Click HERE to read more and get the download... Wink

-> Software