Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Collectio
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Collectio Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:10 pm
    ----
www.pathfinderonline.c...collection

And it's at Donnington alongside his late father's GP car collection.

#2: Re: Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Collectio Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:05 pm
    ----
That's interesting news - some details of what will be shown would be useful.

#3: Re: Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Collectio Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:50 am
    ----
RAF Museum Cosford isn't that far from Donington, right? That means AFVs, racing cars and planes visible within a single trip Smile

Massimo

#4: Re: Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Collectio Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:42 am
    ----
Your UK geography isn't too good Massimo! Wink
www.theaa.com/route-pl...9%7C305270
You've been relieved of Navigator duties!
I'm in the vicinity of Donnington on Monday, so I think a visit is in order!

#5: Re: Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Collectio Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:48 am
    ----
So it's little more than 50 miles between Donington and Cosford, or not?

Massimo

#6: Re: Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Collectio Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:08 pm
    ----
That's about right.

#7: Re: Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Collectio Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:24 pm
    ----
Okay, thanks. That's not that far for my standards.

I was thinking about Duxford for my 4-5 days trip next winter. But since the Landwarfare Hall over there is dark and may be close in winter, I will look into alternatives.

Thinking about it, 1 day in Donington plus 2 days in Cosford could be a good idea. I may even add 2 days in London for IWM and Hendon. I visted Hendon almost 10 years ago, all the rest will be new to me.

I am looking forward for your report from Donington.

Massimo

#8: Re: Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Colle Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:03 pm
    ----
well, that seems to be good news. However, I hope that Mr Wheatcroft will display tanks and armoured vehicles rather than softskins..

P-O

#9: Re: Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Collectio Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:07 pm
    ----
Right folks, popped in today. No armour, I think they'd struggle to display armour due to the height & shape of the buildings. The guy on reception did say that they would like a tank to display.
Currently there are a 9 motorbikes (all unlabelled, but an Ariel & a Matchless I noticed, another British bike, a couple of American ones and 3 German) a M/C & sidecar BMW W.Krad B2, a Kettenkrad, Horch Kfz2, a Steyr 1500 (Unrestored, but looks like it's been stored somewhere dry) and a Schimmwagen. Also an SG6 Trippel (Looks like a Schimmwagen on steroids!) and a Citron Kegress. Brass plate on that one with "Prime par le Ministre de la Guerre, en 1931 sous le No E.515, Type, Chassis No 7.218, Moteur No150.210"
I'll tweak the photos and stick them online somewhere.

#10: Re: Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Collectio Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:30 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
Also an SG6 Trippel (Looks like a Schimmwagen on steroids!)

Like this in Saumur?
www.flickr.com/photos/...5726277470

Massimo

#11: Re: Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Collectio Author: JohnPrigentLocation: Sussex, UK PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:45 pm
    ----
Is that the Citroen-Kegresse halftracked armoured car with a roller at the front like a US M3 halftrack? I've just finished building the DES Kit of that one for Military Modelling, going to start painting tomorrow.
Cheers
John
- Pzkpfw-e
Right folks, popped in today. No armour, I think they'd struggle to display armour due to the height & shape of the buildings. The guy on reception did say that they would like a tank to display.
Currently there are a 9 motorbikes (all unlabelled, but an Ariel & a Matchless I noticed, another British bike, a couple of American ones and 3 German) a M/C & sidecar BMW W.Krad B2, a Kettenkrad, Horch Kfz2, a Steyr 1500 (Unrestored, but looks like it's been stored somewhere dry) and a Schimmwagen. Also an SG6 Trippel (Looks like a Schimmwagen on steroids!) and a Citron Kegress. Brass plate on that one with "Prime par le Ministre de la Guerre, en 1931 sous le No E.515, Type, Chassis No 7.218, Moteur No150.210"
I'll tweak the photos and stick them online somewhere.

#12: Re: Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Collectio Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:08 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
- Pzkpfw-e
Also an SG6 Trippel (Looks like a Schimmwagen on steroids!)

Like this in Saumur?
www.flickr.com/photos/...5726277470

Massimo

Bigger than that,recessed headlights, about the size of the Steyr 1500.
I'll upload some photos later today (My internet won't upload photos).

#13: Re: Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Collectio Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:11 am
    ----
- JohnPrigent
Is that the Citroen-Kegresse halftracked armoured car with a roller at the front like a US M3 halftrack? I've just finished building the DES Kit of that one for Military Modelling, going to start painting tomorrow.
Cheers
John

Sorry John, it's unarmoured, wooden back with a canvas hooped cover to it.

#14: Re: Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Colle Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:48 pm
    ----
speaking german can be handy Wink

The Trippel SG 6 Schwimmwagen

www.film-autos.com/fun...?fz_id=150

This vehicle is located in Germany
About 1000 vehicles have been build

Michel

#15: Re: Finally, public display for part of The Wheatcroft Collectio Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:30 pm
    ----
That's the ugly bugger!

-> AFV News Discussion Board