StuG III In the Light of Day
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#46: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:23 pm
    ----
I thought we were talking about the StuG that is still at the Patton Museum...??

Still looking for my interior series from that one. As for the 'painted' StuG that went to Benning, I've got a fairly complete photo coverage....

Regards
Don

#47: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:31 am
    ----
No, our StuG III doesn't have a coax. I've got a bunch of interior photos of the "painted" StuG, but I didn't take any details of the coax MG mount.

#48: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Cerberus PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:16 pm
    ----
Hey guys,
can you send me all your pictures from your stugs?

#49: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:34 pm
    ----
- Cerberus
Hey guys,
can you send me all your pictures from your stugs?

Greeting, Cerberus,

That's a pretty broad request to put before the members here, many of whom have projects and paying enterprises for detail shots, such as Chris "Toadman" Hughes, who sells CD's of walkarounds as would be of interest to authors, modelers, enthusiasts, etc. I see you have a total of four posts on this discussion group and you might want to take a little time to cultivate the contacts here that can help you. Just asking for all their stuff might not be the most productive way to go. I realize that language might be an issue, but whether that's the case or not, membership here is quite international and thoughtful posters are not judged by grammar or language skills.

AFV News DG members are typically pretty generous when someone needs help with a project. Wink

#50: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Cerberus PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:05 pm
    ----
Thats right. Sorry
are there any publications, like a walkaround, for this stug III you has shown here?

#51: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:19 pm
    ----
Are you looking for pictures of this specific StuG III or any StuG III?
Do you need walkaround shots, with details for a modelling project?

Massimo

#52: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Cerberus PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:13 pm
    ----
Yes i need pictures for a modelling project. I build a stug 40 ( stug III G late). Detailed pictures of a walkaround of this stug will be nice ( because the original colour of the interior )but other stug III G late pictures are also nice

#53: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:21 pm
    ----
There are still quite a few StuG III surviving (we have to thank the Finnish Army for many of them). So it's not hard to find good walkarounds online. The ones below may be a good starting point:

svsm.org/gallery/StuGIII-family
www.primeportal.net/ta...ug_iii_fk/
www.primeportal.net/ta.../stug_iii/
www.primeportal.net/ta.../stugiiig/

I suggest you look at them, do some additional research (Google can help) and see if you get all you need. In case you will still missing something, like a specific details or a question, open a dedicated thread on the forum, being as specific as possible and we will do our best to try and help you.

On top of that there are good quality books on StuG III many of them are written with modellers in mind, some of them are fairly inexpensive, like the ones from Squadron Signal, others may cost more. If you like books and have a budget to afford them, post here asking for suggestions. I have a fairly good collection and can speak by personal experience.

Massimo

#54: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:32 pm
    ----
Does anyone have any pictures of where the gun carriage mounts to the floor?

#55: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:54 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
There are still quite a few StuG III surviving (we have to thank the Finnish Army for many of them). So it's not hard to find good walkarounds online. The ones below may be a good starting point:

svsm.org/gallery/StuGIII-family
www.primeportal.net/ta...ug_iii_fk/
www.primeportal.net/ta.../stug_iii/
www.primeportal.net/ta.../stugiiig/

I suggest you look at them, do some additional research (Google can help) and see if you get all you need. In case you will still missing something, like a specific details or a question, open a dedicated thread on the forum, being as specific as possible and we will do our best to try and help you.

On top of that there are good quality books on StuG III many of them are written with modellers in mind, some of them are fairly inexpensive, like the ones from Squadron Signal, others may cost more. If you like books and have a budget to afford them, post here asking for suggestions. I have a fairly good collection and can speak by personal experience.

Massimo

Well done, Massimo. Thank you!

I don't know about the relevance, but I have good pics of the Stug interior at Parola. It may be a Stug IV, and the color might be different as it was in Finnish service (as late as '66, if I recall correctly). I could post an example, if that has any bearing on color for Cerebus' project.

#56: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: Cerberus PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:57 pm
    ----
can you tell me wich casting marks are on the drive sprocket ("ckc" or "bal")? and are there any other casting marks ( maybe numbers?)

#57: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: TerryStibalLocation: Pensacola FL PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:25 am
    ----
What happened to the StuH that used to be parked in front of the Replacement Battalion, over on the east side of the settled area of the post?

#58: Re: StuG III In the Light of Day Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:39 am
    ----
The StuH 42 that was at Ft Knox went to Ft Benning.

-> AFV News Discussion Board