Wisconsin NG Museum – Camp Douglas, WI - Gallery
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Wisconsin NG Museum – Camp Douglas, WI - Gallery Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:35 pm
    ----
Hello,

We’ve added a large gallery of photos of the:

Wisconsin National Guard Museum – Camp Douglas/Volk Field, WI
101 Independence Drive, Camp Douglas, WI (N43°55'37.77" W90°15'48.07")

afvagabond.smugmug.com...462_r99gxH

The gallery is a mix of AFVs, Artillery and Aircraft.

The museum is a tremendous resource for WI military history. Displays are well done and very informative. The outdoor displays are well maintained – the F-86H was getting a repaint the day of our visit.

Enjoy!

M4A3

M48

M60A3

M115 Howitzer

#2: Re: Wisconsin NG Museum – Camp Douglas, WI - Gallery Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:27 am
    ----
Joe,
What model M48 is this?

Thanks,

Neil

#3: Re: Wisconsin NG Museum – Camp Douglas, WI - Gallery Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:41 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Looks like a flat deck mo-gasser, no air clearer box on the fender, possible a M48A1.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#4: Re: Wisconsin NG Museum – Camp Douglas, WI - Gallery Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:55 am
    ----
VB,

They have a very nice collection of aircraft displayed on pedestals. My favorites are the F102's in formation. the "B" model being pretty rare. To bad all I had at the time was a 3.2 mega pixel camera.

F102's

Roy, Neil,

She's a M48. Small drivers hatch as seen in the picture below.

M48

A1 had the larger hatch which lifted higher and required the support post on the hull when left open. Didn't take many pictures of her because along with the limited mega pixels, I only had a 256MB memory card Mad . Was also around the same time I developed my "Camera Pole".

#5: Re: Wisconsin NG Museum – Camp Douglas, WI - Gallery Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:43 pm
    ----
The M48A1 had the armored cupola, right?????

-> AFV News Discussion Board