Tanks in Town 2011
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Tanks in Town 2011 Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:12 am
    ----
Hi all

Seems that the event will take place this year. Last year the rumor was going around that there woudn't be a event this year (mostly budget problems).
See www.tanksintown.be/

Michel

#2: Re: Tanks in Town 2011 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:13 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

any of you planning a visit to Tanks in Town 27+28 august ?

Or wings & Wheels at Ursel a couple of weeks earlier 6+7 august ??

MichelK

#3: Re: Tanks in Town 2011 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:19 am
    ----
I'll be at Tanks in Town this year, butr only on Saturday.

P-O

#4: Re: Tanks in Town 2011 Author: Manu-MilitaryLocation: Right in the heart of the Chambois pocket PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:21 am
    ----
- the_shadock
I'll be at Tanks in Town this year, butr only on Saturday.

P-O

I'll be there two days so if we're not able to meet while we live one hour away from each other, this could be a nice opportunity to meet, a last!

#5: Re: Tanks in Town 2011 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:48 pm
    ----
I'm planning to be there on a saturday also

So P-O are you planning to go like a Russian soldier like last year Confused
Then I will know who to capture Wink

MichelK

#6: Re: Tanks in Town 2011 Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:43 am
    ----
Most likely, I will be there the whole weekend.

Michel

#7: Re: Tanks in Town 2011 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:55 pm
    ----
It's not about Tanks in Town, however like said before I would visit the Wings & Wheels show at Ursel - Belgium the 6th & 7th of August

The Belgium Army musuem of Brussel or actually it is the Belgium Tank Musuem Brussel was also there with some rolling material

This one was my favorit Laughing

Put some photo's at the photobucket account

s1015.photobucket.com/...20Belgium/

MichelK

#8: Re: Tanks in Town 2011 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:24 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
So P-O are you planning to go like a Russian soldier like last year Confused
Then I will know who to capture Wink

this year, no reenactment and no uniforms. I would like to concentrate on doig detail pictures for the Sherman minutia website, and looking for tank markings/serials etc..

P-O

#9: Re: Tanks in Town 2011 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:31 pm
    ----
so we have to look for a guy, that's crawling around and over the Shermans (perhaps even looking under them) and that will be you

clear Mr. Green

#10: Re: Tanks in Town 2011 Author: Manu-MilitaryLocation: Right in the heart of the Chambois pocket PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:39 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
so we have to look for a guy, that's crawling around and over the Shermans (perhaps even looking under them) and that will be you

clear Mr. Green

Or me as well : I have to make good shots of a real WWII A3 exhaust deflector as I saw it on a M36 last year that I unfortunately missed to walk around.

#11: Re: Tanks in Town 2011 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:44 pm
    ----
should we try to set-up a meeting

like last year, that was a huge succes .... Neutral

..... okay perhaps it was not a big succes ..... and perhaps succes is also not the right word ....... at least we tried Laughing

#12: Re: Tanks in Town 2011 Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:34 pm
    ----
Maybe I will be there on saturday
Not for sure but I will deceide friday evening Confused

#13: Re: Tanks in Town 2011 Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:58 pm
    ----
I have tracked one of the Brazil Stuarts to Tanks in Town 2009, and I presume it is now owned by a member of BMVT - any information would be appreciated. I have begun a write-up of Tanks in Town which I will add to over time:

Location ID 10650: Tanks in Town, Mesvin, Mons, Belgium

If this Stuart reappears this year, or any other M3/M3A1 Stuart, I'd be very interested in seeing any pictures. Thanks.

Unique ID 1801: M3A1 Stuart, Registration EB11547

#14: Re: Tanks in Town 2011 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:34 pm
    ----
I will take an special interrest in the M3 versions Mr. Green

#15: Re: Tanks in Town 2011 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:36 pm
    ----
Well made the visit to Tanks in Town today and had a good day

The amount of AFV's present was a little disappointing, however there was still plenty other vehicle's around

Concerning the meeting with others of the forum, not planned always turn out to be the best
Present at the non-planned meeting where: Trichenor, P-O, Walter and me

Trevot about the M3/ M3A1, there where only 2 there.
One was the M3 Recce, belonging to a Dutch collector
Second was a M3A1, that belonged to a Belgium group

Will send you the picture's of this tank

Will put more photo's of the event in a folder of my photobucket account tomorrow, will give a update when finished

Michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board