New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:40 pm
    ----
Looks to be worth a trip!

#17: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: Landsverk PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:30 pm
    ----
There was a Tank Day at Arsenalen Museum this weekend. First there were some vehicles that performed a quite interesting show - the development of AFV from WW I until today. Later there was a demonstration of some different AFV.

This is a film from the Tank Day.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tzm5cBPXTM

As far as told there will be something similar next year.

www.arsenalen.se

#18: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: Landsverk PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:49 am
    ----
- Landsverk
There was a Tank Day at Arsenalen Museum this weekend. First there were some vehicles that performed a quite interesting show - the development of AFV from WW I until today. Later there was a demonstration of some different AFV.

This is a film from the Tank Day.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tzm5cBPXTM

As far as told there will be something similar next year.

www.arsenalen.se

Found a longer version of the film, enjoy Smile

www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3h4ZDjEEfs

#19: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: Landsverk PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:06 am
    ----
I have been following this museum from time to time and there is something new every year, and new temporary exhibitions.

The museum has a new website with pictures of the vehicles on display.

www.arsenalen.se

Also on facebook, even if only in Swedish - but you can always take a look at the pictures.

www.facebook.com/arsen...onsmuseeum

#20: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: Landsverk PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:20 pm
    ----
Found this very positive words about the museum from an American visitor:

www.tripadvisor.se/Sho...ish_L.html

#21: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:23 pm
    ----
It's too early to commit to any date, but I am planning to visit Arsenalen in July 2014.

Massimo

#22: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:05 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
It's too early to commit to any date, but I am planning to visit Arsenalen in July 2014.

Massimo

great news !!! You should be able to take very nice pictures, as usual. I like the quality of your photos with low light.
I should forward you the email address from the curator, since I'd like you to have a look at their M4A2 Sherman, if possible. Particularly at the manufacturer's dataplate, since it's nearly impossible to find a readable Fisher M4A2 dataplate somewhere else. We may get lucky there.

P-O

#23: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:55 pm
    ----
Yes please, forward me his email. I think he posted here a few times in the past.
There is also a fellow guy on Flickr who works there. I'll contact both once I'll have the dates finalized. The plan is to spend a week in Stockholm with my family, out of that I should be able to get two days at Arsenalen.

I am positive we may get something interesting.

Massimo

#24: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:18 am
    ----
A good set on Flickr:
www.flickr.com/photos/...682781460/

#25: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: Landsverk PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:19 pm
    ----
You can find some pictures and films on facebook from todays Tank Day at Arsenalen. A great day with perfect weather and a lot of visitors looking at the show.

#26: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: Landsverk PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:43 am
    ----
Some awsome pictures found here

500px.com/david_lindau...ies/733850

Enjoy.

#27: Re: New Swedish MV Museum - Arsenalen Author: Landsverk PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:28 pm
    ----
On temporary visit. The Tiger 1 replica built in England 2000 and brought to Sweden in 2010 is now on temporary visit at Arsenalen.
The tank has just been on Iceland for the Wirkola film Dead Snow 2 that will be released next spring.

-> AFV News Discussion Board