Photos Pz.Kpfw.35(t) & Aberdeen Proving Ground
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Photos Pz.Kpfw.35(t) & Aberdeen Proving Ground Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:17 pm
    ----
Dear Sirs,
I need advice. Where can I buy photos from the 1945-1950 testing tank LT vz.35/Pz.Kpfw.35(t) at Aberdeen Proving Ground.

I need the address of the institution.

Best Regards Jiri

Last edited by JiriTintera on Sat May 21, 2011 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Pz.Kpfw.35(t) & Aberdeen Proving Ground Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:56 am
    ----
Jiri

I'll dig saround to see if I might have some onhand. I do have some 'action' photos but haven't located any APG testing photos.

Regards
Don

#3: Re: Pz.Kpfw.35(t) & Aberdeen Proving Ground Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:31 am
    ----
Don,
thank you for your offer, but I'm looking military institution - the library, archives, etc. - which own these photos.

Czech Military Historical Institute and Military Technical Museum, wants to buy the photographs of 1945-1950.

#4: Re: Pz.Kpfw.35(t) & Aberdeen Proving Ground Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:33 pm
    ----
- JiriTintera
Don,
thank you for your offer, but I'm looking military institution - the library, archives, etc. - which own these photos.

Czech Military Historical Institute and Military Technical Museum, wants to buy the photographs of 1945-1950.

I'm guessing here, but military (i.e. Government) institutions probably cannot rightly offer to "sell" images that are theoretically public property (that is, their existence owes itself to public funding of a government operation). Archival images may "belong" to all of us as long as no individual seeks to copyright or profit by the sharing of such historical images. If someone with access to them offers to copy you, they will probably be considered public domain images that should just be credited to the source of the agency or entity that took them originally (U.S. Army or whatever).

It is highly unlikely that an entity like Aberdeen Proving Ground/Ordnance Branch is going to "sell" you an image for your (or somebody else's) exclusive use.

#5: Re: Pz.Kpfw.35(t) & Aberdeen Proving Ground Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:24 pm
    ----
Dear Colleague,
I'm not from the USA. Also, the Military History Institute and the Military Technical Museum are not in the USA. We are from the Czech Republic.

In talks with foreign authorities, however, we know that officials be slow on the uptake. Therefore, we need the exact address of the military institution, which they archived photos and documents.

Sorry, I can not English, so I use an electronic translator.

Best Regards Jiri

-> AFV News Discussion Board