Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#46: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:22 pm
    ----
The last of the US vehicles:

Unique ID 1719: Overloon M109A2/90

Unique ID 1720: Overloon M110A2

#47: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:01 pm
    ----
nice list your getting, however still some left to do Mr. Green

#48: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:28 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Trevor,

I have send you photo's of the serial number on the Leopard 1V.
This also raises a question for Lesley, what is the meaning of the number located opposite ?

Michel

I don't know what the number means, it is not used on maintenance lists. In the registration booklet (sp) (kentekenboekje in Dutch) only the hullnumber and the registration was and is used. On the so called ''pink list turret and pink list hull'' (maintenance checklists and form) the hull serialnumber or turret number was used.

This number is not noted on the dataplate which is located in the driverscompartment.

The ''unknown'' numbers are also on Leopard 2s sometimes with DAF in front of the number and I've seen them also on Leopard 1s of 2/4th Lancers in Leopoldsburg but then with BEL in front of that number.

I suspect it is some sort of linenumber of the factory.

Other subject, yesterday, 09-06-2011, on the ringroad of Eindhoven, were two trucks carying a BMP-2 and a ZSU-23/4. both were in good condition and travelled toward the crossing 's Hertogenbosch/Breda.

Probably property of the MoD, since they have at least one BMP-2 which they sometimes use as OPFOR vehicle.

Regards,
Lesley

#49: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:10 pm
    ----
On to Soviet vehicles.

Unique ID 1721: Overloon T-34-85

#50: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:11 pm
    ----
Trevor,

do you need photo's of the overall green T-34/85 Confused
During your visit to Militracks it was used for rides outside, however it is also part of the Overloon museum inventory.

Michel

#51: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:57 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Trevor,

do you need photo's of the overall green T-34/85 :?
During your visit to Militracks it was used for rides outside, however it is also part of the Overloon museum inventory.

Michel

Sure, some external pictures of it would be good (Lesley has sent me some internal pictures) - the only picture of it that I took was from a distance as it had broken down.

Unique ID 1722: Overloon T-55

Unique ID 1723: Overloon ZSU-23-4V1

#52: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:38 pm
    ----
ok, I will send you some photo's of the green T34/85

Along with it I will send you info about the serial numbers of the M47, M109 & M110

Michel

#53: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:05 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Along with it I will send you info about the serial numbers of the M47, M109 & M110

Ok, but do see what I've already posted for the M109 & M110.

#54: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:47 pm
    ----
Miscellaneous remaining vehicles.

Unique ID 1724: Overloon Centurion

Lesley, Michel - do you have any information on this marking (on the turret stowage box)?

#55: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:52 pm
    ----
Regiment Hussars Prince Alexander/101 Tkbat. ''one-o-one heavy'' as it was called among collegues was the only tankunit with a camo scheme on their Centurions, all others units had their Cents in RAL 6014.

If this is a mk.6/2 than it is not a former NLD tank. The NLD only had the mk. 5/2 and the 7/2 in the end.

regards,
Lesley

#56: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:27 pm
    ----
Thanks, entry amended.

#57: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:33 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Regiment Hussars Prince Alexander/101 Tkbat. ''one-o-one heavy'' as it was called among collegues was the only tankunit with a camo scheme on their Centurions, all others units had their Cents in RAL 6014.

If this is a mk.6/2 than it is not a former NLD tank. The NLD only had the mk. 5/2 and the 7/2 in the end.

regards,
Lesley

Trevor, Lesley

this Centurion is a former NLD tank, it is a Mk 5/2 and has the stamped markings KX-14-96

The Dutch army only had 70 Centurion Mk 7 available with the registration numbers KX-94-00 up to KX-94-69, about half of them where upgunned to become a Mk 7/2.
And a total of +350 Mk 5 where upgunned to become a Mk 5/2
(Source: Arma 37 "De Centurion in Nederlandse Dienst")

Michel

edit: the correct registration number of this vehicle would be KX-14-96

#58: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:37 pm
    ----
@ Michel; thanks for the picture!

Indeed a 5/2

#59: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:22 pm
    ----
your welcome

#60: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:05 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Trevor, Lesley

this Centurion is a former NLD tank, it is a Mk 5/2 and has the stamped markings KX-14-96

The Dutch army only had 70 Centurion Mk 7 available with the registration numbers KX-94-00 up to KX-94-69, about half of them where upgunned to become a Mk 7/2.
And a total of +350 Mk 5 where upgunned to become a Mk 5/2
(Source: Arma 37 "De Centurion in Nederlandse Dienst")

Michel

edit: the correct registration number of this vehicle would be KX-14-96

Thanks, updated again. And thanks for the registration close up (and Lesley for the insignia close up).

Unique ID 1724: Overloon Centurion

Given we have a valid ID, can we now determine where it served so we can give some detail to its background (and travel map)? As I understand it, it would have served at Hohne and possibly Vlieland? Source:

www.collectie.legermus...dienst.pdf

-> AFV News Discussion Board