Ropkey's Armor
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Ropkey's Armor Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:34 pm
    ----
I'm going over to Ropkeys Armor Museum tomorrow June 2, anyone have any photo requests?? I'll try to get them for you.

#2: Re: Ropkey's Armor Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:08 pm
    ----
Hmm...everything? Laughing

Seriously though, some nice profile shots of his M47 would be most welcome.

Thanks!

#3: Re: Ropkey's Armor Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:06 am
    ----
The FT-17 would be good. Particularly curious to hear any updates on the status of the legal battle over its ownership...

#4: Re: Ropkey's Armor Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:12 pm
    ----
I stopped by Ropkeys Armor Museum this past weekend. The goverment seems to have given up on taking his tank back. He and Skip have rebuilt the engine and are ready to make the tank a runner. In the pics you can see how the engine was damaged with a sledge hammer. They welded the patch into the block and found a new head, I call it a head for a lack of a better term, actually the head and cylinders are one piece.

Transmission

Drivers compartment

Engine

Photo of the damage

Welded repair on block

New Head assembly

#5: Re: Ropkey's Armor Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:29 pm
    ----
Did you happen to notice if the "James Garner" M4A3 Sherman was still there. It was on the market recently and was wondering if it sold.

Also, does he have a Stug III?

#6: Re: Ropkey's Armor Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:55 pm
    ----
Gary, She's still there

#7: Re: Ropkey's Armor Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:38 pm
    ----
That's an awesome looking tank.

Wheels

-> AFV News Discussion Board