Floatplane question
-> FSX

#1: Floatplane question Author: george34 PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:01 pm
    ----
FSX - Win7

l have been trying to find a decent ai floatplane, preferably one that can carry passengers to use to a base l have created .
Had no luck so far , so l wonder whether if anyone can help .
Thanks in advance

#2: Re: Floatplane question Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 pm
    ----
Hi George34 and welcome to Com-Central!

I'm really not sure about that as I have no experience with AI at any level, but I'm sure someone should be able to help you.

Can you use a regular plane and convert it to AI?

#3: Re: Floatplane question Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:32 pm
    ----
Hmmm, interessting!

I see plenty of AI Beaver floatplane traffic flying around the PNW....looking closer in the README for it, I see that it's been provided by Holger Sandmann's ""Vancouver Plus" scenery, which is payware...bummer.

However, I see that it was also included in his prior Victoria, Canada freeware package available here:

www.simviation.com/fsxscenery11.htm
(See second and third items listed on page 11)

However, you still likely may run into issues if you want to re-distribute that as part of any other work, as typically you know the freeware agreements restrict redistribution in whole or in part within any other package. However, it's a lead that maybe you can follow by contacting Mr. Sandmann directly to tell him about your project and ask his permission....hey sometimes the Gods smile on you, and they say yes, you never know 'til you try. From what I understand he's a good guy.

Good luck!

Oh yeah and welcome to Com-C!

#4: Re: Floatplane question Author: george34 PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:35 pm
    ----
Thanks .

Thank you very much Stoopy . Unfortunately this is a FS9 project and the floatplane will now show/run in FSX and
have to admit l wouldn't know how l could make it work . Still looking around though

#5: Re: Floatplane question Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:28 pm
    ----
for AI to perform certain actions you need to create a runway taxiways parking spots etc with AFCAD,

for more info and instructions just do a simple Google on "AFCAD" you'd be surprised what pops up about it Wink

available here => www.simviation.com/fs2...ities1.htm

#6: Re: Floatplane question Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:30 pm
    ----
You mean the project you are working on is FS9? My apologies, as this is our FSX forum so I assumed FSX....the link for Holger's Victoria Scenery is for FSX too.

It might be that FS9 has some limitations for AI floatplanes, I don't know.

#7: Re: Floatplane question Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:33 pm
    ----
you'd have to create water runway wich is possible with afcad

#8: Re: Floatplane question Author: george34 PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:14 am
    ----
Thank you guys .

Well , it seems l have been misunderstood .

My AI project is in FSX .
l have several floatplanes that l tried , some of them work , some not .
The ones working ( taxiing from their parking to the runway , taking off normally with wake effect and everything ) are not
to my liking . They don't look nice .
All l am looking for is a nice looking AI passenger Floatplane for FSX .

Stoopy : THe Victoria project floatplane doesn't show .

#9: Re: Floatplane question Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:03 pm
    ----
Stratojet Albatros By Eugene Heyart, It's abit of a modern plane but well made download Fs9 version it works well in FSX I have it onFSX\Accel.

simviation.com/1/searc...filename=Y ( If interested?)

-> FSX