Part of the Brussels collection relocated
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Part of the Brussels collection relocated Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:20 pm
    ----
A small part of the collection did recently move to a new location.
The M46, Jpk, Gepard and BDX are moved to a location at Boncelles near Liege.
At the new location was alread a Leopard present and a Sherman wreck from the range in Brasschaat is also going there.
New location: N50 34.758 E005 31.700

Michel

#2: Re: Part of the Brussels collection relocated Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:22 pm
    ----
Hi Michel.

There is a WWI fortress in Boncelles, I was there once many years ago.
Are the tanks some kind of part of the Fortress or?

Regards,
Wim.

#3: Re: Part of the Brussels collection relocated Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:49 pm
    ----
Hi Wim

Its a new memorial site just outside the olf fortress.
More info you can find here: www.latourdair.be/inde...&Itemid=30

Michel

#4: Re: Part of the Brussels collection relocated Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:10 pm
    ----
Hello Michel,

thanks for the information, I'm glad to see that one of the Firefly hulls from Braschaat has found a new home (and that we got the information).

It seems that the guys from Boncelles mixed up the Flakpanzer Gepard from WW2 with the vehicle based on the Leopard 1.

Pierre-Olivier

#5: Re: Part of the Brussels collection relocated Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:51 pm
    ----
Tichneor do you have a good photos of them in the new location (or could get)?

Especially the M46 and Kanonenjagdpanzer ?

#6: Re: Part of the Brussels collection relocated Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:58 pm
    ----
Rafal

Its on my to do list, should be before end of july.

Michel

#7: Re: Part of the Brussels collection relocated Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:14 am
    ----
- Tichenor
Rafal

Its on my to do list, should be before end of july.

Michel

Have you been there ?

#8: Re: Part of the Brussels collection relocated Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:39 am
    ----
Sorry Rafal

Not yet, still on my todo list

Michel

#9: Re: Part of the Brussels collection relocated Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:09 pm
    ----
Last week (may25th) I visited the museum in Brussels. Noted were the following AFVs;
FT17
Whippet
Mk.IV male
Universal carrier
Leopard 1 #54678
M24
1 x AIFV
4 x M113 (73130, 73132 and .......)
M41
CVR(T) in UN colours
Daimler Scout car
Dingo
M47 #53185

#10: Re: Part of the Brussels collection relocated Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:35 am
    ----
Do you have a photo of the Dingo? I am told it is in Bastogne.
What about the unarmored half-track and the Vickers Carden Loyd T13?

#11: Re: Part of the Brussels collection relocated Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:18 pm
    ----
Unfortunately not, the other vehicles you mentioned I also didn't see. Some parts of the museum were closed for public. Will ask around if one of my collegues have a picture of the Dingo.
Regards,
Lesley

-> AFV News Discussion Board