WTS to move in Dresden?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: WTS to move in Dresden? Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:47 am
    ----
A fellow swiss guy visited Koblenz's collection and heard more rumours about WTS closing soon. German Wikipedia says the collection will go to the new Dresden Museum:
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ng_Koblenz

Any additional info on this?

Massimo

PS Thinking about it, I may be able to make a hit-and-run visit to Koblenz this summer...

#2: Re: WTS to move in Dresden? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:50 pm
    ----
Oh, sure, now....I went there every other years for twelve years and only got to see the "Trabi" and motorcycle museum. Sad

#3: Re: WTS to move in Dresden? Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:52 am
    ----
Well, the discussionis still ongoing. There is a lot of politics, money and different opinions involved. In consequence, it's pretty hard to tell what will become of the WTS.

#4: Re: WTS to move in Dresden? Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:32 pm
    ----
Hello,

No, the WTS stays where it is now.

This is decided in 2009 by the German Government.

I visit the WTS regularly and check the German forums about news from the WTS. (there will be always rumours).

Regards,
Wim

#5: Re: WTS to move in Dresden? Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:51 pm
    ----
Good to know, thanks.

Massimo

#6: Re: WTS to move in Dresden? Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:43 am
    ----
Anybody has a list of AFVs and artillery on display in Koblenz?

Massimo

#7: Re: WTS to move in Dresden? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:13 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Anybody has a list of AFVs and artillery on display in Koblenz?

Massimo

Massimo,

I visited the WTS in 2008 and published a short photo gallery on Webshots, but it only shows the WW2 vehicles :

http://news.webshots.com/album/566334373OYhyFB

P-O

#8: Re: WTS to move in Dresden? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:20 pm
    ----
I have a partial list - I haven't written up Koblenz officially yet:

Location ID 200: Koblenz BWB

- as usual if you click through on each tank you'll get more information about it.

#9: Re: WTS to move in Dresden? Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:35 pm
    ----
Thanks to both

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board