Poland, Myslowice: Completion of the RSO project
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Poland, Myslowice: Completion of the RSO project Author: sil3ntLocation: Poznan, Poland PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:30 pm
    ----
After 4 years of hard work - completion of the RSO project

More photos:
By Mieczys?aw Nowak:
www.mietnow.futuro.inf...index.html

By f35jfs:
picasaweb.google.com/1...Myslenice#

#2: Re: Poland, Myslowice: Completion of the RSO project Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:35 pm
    ----
Good job !
There is also a small video
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUrzJAaW_SU

#3: Re: Poland, Myslowice: Completion of the RSO project Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:51 pm
    ----

That was the beginning of the RSO project

www.odkrywca.pl/raupen...tml#443517

#4: Re: Poland, Myslowice: Completion of the RSO project Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
    ----
very nice job

#5: Re: Poland, Myslowice: Completion of the RSO project Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:19 am
    ----
I appreciated the job, but I wonder how much of it should be consider a replica... There is a thin line in similar cases

Massimo

#6: Re: Poland, Myslowice: Completion of the RSO project Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:08 pm
    ----
When original parts are being used I do not concider it a replica
But I think everyone has different ideas about this

#7: Re: Poland, Myslowice: Completion of the RSO project Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:39 pm
    ----
It's a cracking job! However, I'll side with Massimo on this, it's more replica than restoration.
As such, all the more thanks for taking the trouble to replicate such an interesting and "Non-sexy" (ie not a tank!) vehicle.

#8: Re: Poland, Myslowice: Completion of the RSO project Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:17 pm
    ----
It is hard to evaluate but 60 - 70% of parts are original. The chassis, the two bridges, engine and gearbox, braking system and steering system, tank, hook of guns are originals. Cabin exhaust system are copy.

The RSO project is a reconstruction project not a project of creating a replica. Most of the parts are original. Some must be new to make the vehicle a runner or because it was't possible to find original parts.

#9: Re: Poland, Myslowice: Completion of the RSO project Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:36 pm
    ----
- Walter
When original parts are being used I do not concider it a replica
But I think everyone has different ideas about this

Well, the percentage of original parts should be considered too

Massimo

#10: Re: Poland, Myslowice: Completion of the RSO project Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:37 pm
    ----
- bialy-r
It is hard to evaluate but 60 - 70% of parts are original. The chassis, the two bridges, engine and gearbox, braking system and steering system, tank, hook of guns are originals. Cabin exhaust system are copy.

Cool, it wasn't clear by looking at the pictures. Thanks for the info

Massimo

#11: Re: Poland, Myslowice: Completion of the RSO project Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:05 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

What ever one calls it, that was a SUPER GREAT JOB!

Thanks for posting the photos!

Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board