Preserved Tanks in Brazil
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#46: Re: Preserved Tanks in Brazil Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:17 am
    ----
P.-O. and Valls - I'll take note of your comments on my return. Just before I go I want to post nearly the last of the Linhares pictures.

Unique ID 1816: Linhares M41C (note the extended engine compartment)

Unique ID 1074: Linhares X1

Unique ID 1075: Linhares XLF (based on X1 chassis)

It was good to get my first sight and pictures of an X1 and XLF.

Meanwhile Paulo Bidoli who contributed the pictures of the Stuarts at Bragança Paulista has sent me a lot more pictures and information. I'll put it all online on my return. However, I have invited him to call in to this forum so if he says hi while I'm away please make him welcome (as you guys always do).

#47: Re: Preserved Tanks in Brazil Author: vallsLocation: Rio de Janeiro - BRASIL PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:40 pm
    ----
The M41 C - Caxias was modified by Bernardini. The engine was a DS11 Scania and the extended rear was to accomodate the new radiators.

The X1A was the first of a serie of three, including the X1A1 and X1A2, a complete different vehicle (see my article in spanish at - www.panzernet.com/arti...pb1_jv.htm ) besides the other variation vehicles.

Next time you come, if you want, tell me and I will try to arrange some visits to other places.

JAValls

#48: Re: Preserved Tanks in Brazil Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:08 pm
    ----
- valls
The M41 C - Caxias was modified by Bernardini. The engine was a DS11 Scania and the extended rear was to accomodate the new radiators.

The X1A was the first of a serie of three, including the X1A1 and X1A2, a complete different vehicle (see my article in spanish at - www.panzernet.com/arti...pb1_jv.htm ) besides the other variation vehicles.

Next time you come, if you want, tell me and I will try to arrange some visits to other places.

JAValls

Thanks for that. Currently I have no plans to return to Brazil. Is there any chance you could get photo's of other tanks, e.g. those in Vila Militar? The soldiers might be more friendly to a local than they were to a foreigner!

#49: Re: Preserved Tanks in Brazil Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:20 pm
    ----
The photos of the last vehicle at Linhares are now online:

Unique ID 1370: Marder Roland at Linhares

#50: Re: Preserved Tanks in Brazil Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:29 pm
    ----
- valls
- valls
If anyone can identify the artillery pieces being towed by the M4 and M5 that would be appreciated, it's not my forte (as usual, click through for more photos).

Both are Vickers Armstrong 7.2 in howitzers used by Brasilan Army heavy artillery units.

JAValls

Thank you, photo captions updated.

I have now added the photos of the Linhares museum from my recent trip:

Location ID 37100: Museo Militar Conde de Linhares

Anyone working on AFV Registers is welcome to link to the photos of armoured vehicles here (e.g. M2A1, M3A1, M8, Cascavel, etc.).

I have now finished working on Linhares. If anyone has any additional information, or spots errors, please let me know - otherwise I'm moving on to other collections.

#51: Re: Preserved Tanks in Brazil Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:20 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
I have now finished working on Linhares

Actually, I've gone back and added information on the plaques on the two tanks displayed inside. If anyone can improve the Portuguese translations (I'm using Google) please feel free to correct me:

Unique ID 860: L3, Linhares

Unique ID 1053: Renault FT, Linhares

Meanwhile I've added my photos of the L3 in the Vila Militar - that's where I just managed to get 3 pictures before being stopped by soldiers:

Unique ID 1777: L3, RCME Vila Militar

#52: Re: Preserved Tanks in Brazil Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:22 pm
    ----
[quote="TrevorLarkum- that's where I just managed to get 3 pictures before being stopped by soldiers:[/quote]
I can see they want to keep their best afvs under wraps!

#53: Re: Preserved Tanks in Brazil Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:57 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
[quote="TrevorLarkum- that's where I just managed to get 3 pictures before being stopped by soldiers:[/quote]
I can see they want to keep their best afvs under wraps! :zip:

Indeed! It's pretty mad when they display a tank on the street, but then won't let you photograph it.

#54: Re: Preserved Tanks in Brazil Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:21 pm
    ----
Finally, Sao Goncalo.

Location ID 37280: Praça Dos Ex-Combatentes, São Gonçalo

- any corrections or improvements to my Portuguese appreciated!

Unique ID 1788: M3A3, Sao Goncalo, Rio de Janeiro

It's serial 1475.

[img]http://PreservedTanks.com/Albums/American/1250-M3%20Lee%23Grant/IMG-6371_M3A3_SaoGoncalo_AArchive_c.jpg[/img]

- a nice shot, I think, using the 'JoeD camera pole' technique.

That's the last of the photos and information from my Brazil visit put online.

#55: Re: Preserved Tanks in Brazil Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:40 pm
    ----
I'm now working through the information and photographs sent to me by Paulo Bidoli. First off, I've updated the entry for Itupeva:

Location ID 37590: Barcelos Collection, Itupeva

[img]http://preservedtanks.com/Albums/Locations/Brazil/37590-Barcelos%20Collection/1994%280%29_M3_Itupeva_PBidoli_c.jpg[/img]

and I've added the first new entry, a Stuart bought to publicise a racing team:

Location ID 37570: DIMEP

What owner of a historic Stuart wouldn't want to paint it bright red and give it chrome fittings?!

[img]http://preservedtanks.com/Albums/American/1030-M3%20Stuart/2005%281%29_RedTank_DIMEP_DFlores_c.jpg[/img]
(Photo: D. Flores)

#56: Re: Preserved Tanks in Brazil Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:28 pm
    ----
L 3/35 - not 100% but that could be - Academia Militar das Agulhas Negras (AMAN), Resende (Brazil)

picasaweb.google.com/C...9848150370

#57: Re: Preserved Tanks in Brazil Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:42 am
    ----
Museu a Céu Aberto, Centro Tecnológico do Exército, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

Tamoio
Blindada Brasileira
Cascavel prototype
X1A2

platao.ctex.eb.br/muse...museu2.htm

-> AFV News Discussion Board