Royal Canadian Dragoons' Staghound near Ottawa
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Royal Canadian Dragoons' Staghound near Ottawa Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:08 am
    ----
So, I took my wife to get her motorcycle from the mechanic's, and saw a vehicle I've only read about. A Cpl from the Royal Canadian Dragoons (RCD) was working on the regiment's Staghound in the parking lot. The garage owner had rebuilt the transmission and GMC 6-cyl engines (a pair side by side) and was now helping chase an electrical fault. The Cpl was fixing a muffler guard that he'd damaged offloading from a flatbed (a beavertail he called it).

The work is funded by the Regimental Fund, and the historic vehicle troop is getting the RSM's close attention these days. They have a Mk I Ferret, Lynx, Cougar, Leopard, and the Stag. The Cpl called the Ferret the best 4x4 on base.

Apparently the bulk of the restoration was 'driven' by a major car dealer in Ottawa and was completed just in time for the regiment's 125th anniversary parade. But ... some of the work bordered by tragic as the workers stripped some wires and fittings indiscriminately. That is part of the current round of troubles the workers are chasing.

More to follow.

-> AFV News Discussion Board